Chapter Thirty-Two

The group was now hiking through the smokey mountains, to get to the pack, and Klaus was gonna turn them into hybrids and Klaus is teasing Stefan, who is carrying Ray. "You, okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine."

Klaus just smirked at him "You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

Stefan cuts him off "You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

Kol chuckled from beside CeCe "well he's a broody little thing, isn't he? but I gotta say watching him and Nik argue is rather entertaining."

CeCe grinned at him "definitely."

Klaus was looking at Stefan and not paying attention to his sister-in-law talking to 'herself' which is what she told him she was doing once when he asked her whom she was talking to, and she didn't want to tell him and ruin the surprise. "So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

Stefan rolls his eyes "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There."

They come to a stop; they found the pack's camp. Stefan enters their camp first. Everyone looks at him. He puts Ray on the ground. A woman rushes over to him "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?"

Klaus walks up beside Stefan; CeCe just hangs back to let her brother-in-law do his thing. "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The woman looks at him "you're the hybrid?"

"You've heard of me... fantastic"

Klaus and Stefan were sitting down with CeCe standing behind them, while everyone else was standing in front of them listening to Klaus "It's fascinating...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."

Ray wakes up. Klaus looks down at him "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

Ray looks around confused "What's happening to me?" Klaus looks at Stefan "Stefan?"

He gets up "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus looks at a man. "You" He rushes over to him and bites his forearm. Stefan grabs him and throws him to the ground in front of Ray. The woman protests but Klaus strangles her.

Stefan looks at Ray "If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. The problem is I don't know how to stop."

Klaus looks at the girl. "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die."

The woman glares "I'd rather die than be a vampire."

Kol smirks at his wife "well that wasn't the right thing to say to Nik"

CeCe shook her head at him as Klaus looks at her "Wrong choice." then he feeds her his blood as Ray drinks the blood from the man. "She'll thank me for that later. Heh." then he snaps her neck. Klaus smirks "okay, who's next?" His eyes are yellow and his fangs are out as he looks around the camp.

Klaus feeds the human his blood and compels him "There. Good as new. Now you relax, okay, mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up."

Ray is sitting on a rock nearby, grabbing his body and shivering.

CeCe looks over at Kol "something tells me that shivering isn't supposed to be happening"

Kol shrugs "probably not"

Ray looks around at his pack "They're dead. They're all dead."

Klaus smirked at him "Ah, he's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon."

Stefan looks around at the dead werewolves and then back to Klaus "So is this your master plan? Build an army of hybrid slaves?"

"No, not slaves. Soldiers, comrades."

"For what war, might I ask?"

Klaus looks at him "Oh, you don't arm yourself after war has been declared, Stefan. You build your army so big that no one ever dares pick a fight."

Stefan gives him a look "What makes you so sure that they'll be loyal?"

The Heretic smirked coming in just to put her input in "Well, Stefan it's not difficult to be loyal when you're on the winning team."

Klaus smirks at his sister-in-law "Exactly, that's something you'll learn once you shake that horribly depressive chip off your shoulder."

Stefan laughs. "That's why you're, uh...you're keeping me around? To witness my attitude adjustment?"

CeCe noticed Ray's eyes bleeding "Uh Nik.... something's wrong" and she pointed over to Ray.

Kol looks at her with a nod "you're right that isn't supposed to be happening"

Klaus looks at Stefan "You'll know why I'm keeping you around when I've decided that I want you to know." then he examines Ray's face "you're right Lia something is wrong"

Stefan looks at Ray and then back at Klaus "That shouldn't be happening, should it?"

Klaus gives him a look "Well, obviously."

Ray is shaking and his eyes are still bleeding "you said it was going to feel better. Why doesn't it feel better?"

"Some master race." Stefan scoffs.

Klaus turns to him "Lose the attitude." The woman wakes up. "Derek, come feed your girlfriend." He gets up. Ray snarls and makes a few jumps and leaves. Klaus looks at Stefan. "Go get him." Stefan leaves to get Ray.

A little while later Klaus goes after Stefan and Kol smirks at CeCe again "the Salvatore is hiding something"

She smirked back at him "oh I know I've known he's been hiding something all summer I just don't know what it is so that's why I haven't said anything to Nik I want to know what it is before telling Nik about it"

Kol gets this devious look in his eyes "what do you want to bet that it's something to do with the doppelganger?"

She grinned at him "oh you are on... you still owe me dinner when I get you undaggered from the last bet we made that you lost."

****
I am so excited for the next chapter guys you have no idea. You guys are gonna love it.