THE BOSS LADY

TO ALL THE LOVING ANGELS WHO WOULD FIGHT FOR THEIR LOVE LIKE HEARTLESS DEMONS.

_________

Know yourself -
Y/n is a non-Korean (you can be from any part of the world to feel real and connected to the story), self-made Businesswoman. She is the Chairperson of the famous PR Agency in (your city) - The Dark Star. She has everything a person could ever ask for: fame, success, massive wealth and pulchritude. Beside these tangible and intangible possessions, she has one thing in the massive of quantities - solitude.

______________________

Y/n's POV:

The clock had just hit 5 in the morning and I woke up to a deadly nightmare sweating all over. I initially assumed it to be one of my panic attacks but apparently it wasn't. I've had nightmares before but today, it felt different, like something or someone ominous was coming for me and it would be the death of me... It felt so real that I'm still questioning reality.

It was pretty dark outside for me to roll out of bed but my Insomnia had always played a prominent role.

I decided to reach my company early to scrutinize my employees without serving a prior notice. Freshening myself up, I got dressed in my all time one and only color, BLACK...

I do not like colours which aren't black. They disgust me and sting my eyes.

I hopped in my Rolls Royce Cullinan Black Badge and revved the V12 engine as I put Uncle Jones on peaker.

Mr. Vincent Jones, my father's retired butler who has been taking care of me ever since my parents left and raised me into a grown up now. He never had a child even after years of marriage, because to him, I meant more than having his own child. His wife had succumbed to cancer and post the incident I was his only family he could lean on. He also holds the position of my Secretary in my company.

"Good morning, Uncle!!! You can take a day off today and rest probably. I'm leaving early for the office to do the regular audit of our employees." I declared as I stopped on the red light.

"But, sweetie, do you think you can handle them alone??? I mean you tend to lose your temper real quick when you see anybody slacking off, so without me trying to calm you down, you'll tear them apart." Uncle Jones was concerned and worried, not for me but for my employees...

He's not wrong though. Mistakes are forgivable because there's always room for improvement but I do not tolerate intentional errors... I straight away fire them... Either be responsible or out of my company... There's no in between.

"Don't worry, I won't be too strict today. I'll just warn if I see them not putting in the effort. Besides how bad can they really be to get on my last nerve?" I chuckled.

"Alright, Boss, as you please. Just take care of yourself and don't forget to consume your meds on time." he reminded me, as always. Like I'd forget, but it feels safe to have a fatherly love and care around me... Something my own father could never provide me with...

"Sure, Mr. Secretary, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." I hung up and pressed down on the accelerator when the signal hit green.

When Uncle reminded me about the medicines, I couldn't take my mind off of the nightmare I had at dawn. And that's one of the main reasons I asked him not to show up to work because I didn't want to bother him, not at this age. Besides, Uncle isn't always gonna be by my side, I need to start learning to take care of things by myself.