Ch 48 {Intentions}

\\ I was never there //

\\ The Weeknd //

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Unbeknownst to anyone, Bakugo, Shoto, Kirishima, Ojiro, Hagakure, Shinso, and Monoma were walking through the first floor of the main UA building, where they hoped to reach the old Class 1A dormitory.

After passing the lobby, which was filled to the brim with sacks of cement laced with barbed wire - likely used during the fall as a means to hold off any stragglers breaking through the front doors - the exit came into view, along with the UA dorms in the background of the windows.

"Finally... I can take a proper shower," Kirishima sighed in relief.

"You're telling me," Monoma joked.

Bakugo smirked at the interaction and felt Hagakure nudge his arm before walking ahead with Ojiro and Shoto. To see them alive and well, joking together, brought back memories he didn't even know he had.

Oddly enough, he thought about Snipe in that moment and realized why he gave his life in the first place. It was for moments such as this. When everyone was together.

It reminded him of what he was fighting for. And when he and Deku met again, he would make damn sure it didn't end the same way it did in Kamino.

That was a promise.

"Mr. Bakugo!" Mandalay suddenly called out and waved him over to his surprise.

Curious about her motive, he told Shinso he would be a minute and went to her.

"What does she want?" Hagakure curiously asked after noticing Mandalay. Meanwhile, Kirishima and Monoma stepped outside.

"Beats me," Shinso shrugged.

As Bakugo and Mandalay whispered to each other, she gestured to something on Bakugo's finger and awkwardly blushed. Hagakure couldn't tell what it was until he took it off and handed it to her. Only then did she realize it was Snipe's ring.

"What does she want with that?" She whispered under her breath.

Although she couldn't hear what Mandalay was saying, she could make out Bakugo's words and knew he insisted on giving it to her. She seemed to refuse, but he forcibly grabbed her palm and dropped it there.

He closed her palm, squeezed it tight, and whispered, "It's in your hands now..."

"What?" Hagakure quirked her brow while Ojiro and Shinso shared a skeptical glance.

Before long, Mandalay thanked Bakugo with a nod and walked away. He hastily strutted to their circle and shrugged.

"What? Let's go," he maneuvered around them like nothing happened.

"You heard him," Shoto followed suit, followed by Shinso.

"W-What? No one is curious in the slightest about their conversation?!"

"Yep," Ojiro joked.

"And you! Isn't that ring a reminder to never repeat the mistakes of the past? Why did you give her Snipe's ring?!" She asked, begging for an explanation.

Bakugo forced a smile before continuing to exit the building. "Trust me, Invisible Chick... It's in good hands now. This is for the best..."

"I hope so, Katsuki... I sure hope so..." She sighed, closing the door behind her.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~