Ch 5 {Death Trap}

"What do you mean we're heading into a death trap?" Kirishima asked.

"I mean, we technically are..." Kaminari blurted out.

"Ignore him!" Jiro covered his mouth.

"I heard them say it. Aizawa and that cop."

"Say what?" Ashido whispered.

"I'm getting to that!" Bakugo yelled.

"Shhhh!" Kirishima and Sero shushed him as he drew the attention of Snipe.

"Anyway... Back at the roadblock, I overheard that cop say the Commission would drop bombs if things went south in the city."

"Wait! Dropping bombs?! Like, KABOOM! Those bombs?" Kaminari asked, putting on a display.

"Obviously!"

"Oh... That's scary..." Ashido gulped.

"But what about the Jaku perimeter? Why drop bombs when you're putting up a wall?" Sero pointed out.

"Do you honestly think a wall will stop the spread of the virus?" Bakugo instantly shot down his rebuttal.

"Well! No..." He sighed in defeat.

"Exactly. As for the Jaku perimeter, that is the death trap! Because if they start dropping bombs, the undead are practically trapped. As well as us..."

"I see..." Kirishima was starting to see the bigger picture.

"Besides, I doubt those jets we saw are only doing flybys. If someone like Hawks needed Aizawa, I can only guess things are getting out of hand."

"Wait, Hawks? How did he get into this?" Jiro wondered.

"Another discussion I overheard. Aizawa declined, of course, to keep an eye on us. Not that I blame him. Deku is always running off, and someone needs to watch your asses anyway," he joked.

"Haha. Very funny." She rolled her eyes.

"This is bad... Anyhow things go south, and we're done for!" Ashido gulped, tapping her foot uncontrollably.

"But weren't you the same one arguing with Hagakure about how exciting this was. I thought you wanted this to happen," Jiro sarcastically reminded.

"I never wanted this to happen! I was caught up in the moment! That's all!"

"Well, I hope you're satisfied because zombies exist. Tsk! And if we want to survive this, we'll need all the luck we can get..." Bakugo ironically scoffed.

Ashido didn't know what to say. She didn't want this to happen! Mineta was the one who wanted the zombie apocalypse. But what they were saying was true. They were going to fight zombies that could kill them. Thinking about that fact caused her hands to tremble uncontrollably.

"Are you okay, Mina?" Kirishima grasped her shoulder after noticing her nervous.

"Yep. Perfectly fine!" She lied.

"Are you sure because you look a little nervous?"

"Nervous?! Who wouldn't be knowing we're about to die..." She began to laugh hysterically as her eye twitched.

"Whoa! Calm down, Mina. None of us are going to die!"

"Yeah! We'll have each other's backs. Right, guys?" Jiro interrupted.

"Of course. We're a team, and that's what we do!" Sero nodded.

"But we won't be able to protect each other forever, and what if I'm not strong enough?" Ashido added.