Ch 25 {Like Old Times}

In the classroom, everyone was recovering from Bakugo's outburst, especially Yaoyorozu. Although he went out of line, she understood why he was upset. Like him, none of them had closure for Jiro or Sero which made Kaminari untrustworthy.

Yes, Kaminari left them, that much was obvious, but they didn't know the details. They needed the truth. Otherwise, the conflict between Kaminari and Bakugo would continue. Once Hagakure left the room and Todoroki was preparing to leave, it was now or never.

"Denki..." She grabbed Kaminari by the wrist.

"I know we don't talk about it... For obvious reasons... But I think we both know it's time to come clean... You owe it to her..." She sighed at the floor while Todoroki eavesdropped.

Kaminari was completely frozen to the core. Not because Yaoyorozu confronted him about the matter, but because he knew she was right, and that scared him.

"I'm sorry..." He quickly pulled away and left the room.

"Kaminari!" She tried to stop him but to no avail. As per usual, she failed to resolve the matter, and so, she sulked into her hands and sighed in defeat.

"Um... Yaoyorozu?" Todoroki broke the silence.

"Yes, Todoroki-san...?" She mumbled into her hands.

"I know it's a bad time, but...  I'm getting soba from down the street later and I was wondering if you wanted to come and clear your head. Not that it's a date or anything." He made sure to add.

A date?!

This was surely a surprise. Todoroki never asked her out before. But at a time like this? Was it appropriate? Did she even have the time? Or perhaps she did need time to clear her head.

"I'll... Take that as a no..." He began to walk off after a minute of silence.

"Wait!"

He stopped in his tracks.

"I'll... Be there, Todoroki-San..." She blushed embarrassingly.

" She blushed embarrassingly

"Great. I'll meet at 3:30." He calmly left the room.

"Bye!" She waved before hiding her face. "I can't believe I just did that," she blushed.

"I'll say..." Hagakure smirked.

"How long were you standing there?!" She noticed her in the doorway.

"The entire time."

"Ugh! Why...?" she groaned.

"Hey, if you're going on a date, I won't judge... Just don't let what happened between Denki and Bakugo get to your head. You deserve a break for once."

"Thanks, Hagakure. And for your, information, it's not a date!" Yaoyorozu formerly corrected her.

"Sure..."