Ch 43 {Shut Eye}

12:00 am.

Sleeping soundly on their respective mattresses, the others were being watched by Mineta and Kaminari as they currently stood guard. Mineta took the front while Kaminari took the back.

In addition, they decided to put out the fire so as not to attract unwanted attention. Instead, they decided to set the lanterns Yaoyorozu had packed.

What they didn't take into account, though, was the hole in the roof. After smelling something fowl in her sleep, Ashido opened her eyes and came face to face with Tokoyami.

He moaned.

She screamed!

Instantly, Bakugo awoke and blasted Tokoyami into the kitchen, where Kaminari was sleeping soundly, knocking over some lanterns and waking everyone up as a result.

"What the heck?!" Kaminari tiredly woke up.

Bakugo grabbed his gauntlet and chased after Tokoyami, who directed his red eyes away from Kaminari and snarled at Bakugo.

"Move, Denki!"

Kaminari yelped and narrowly avoided Tokoyami getting blasted outside. Bakugo gritted and closed his eyes. He didn't know where Tokoyami came from, but he was going to finish this.

Once and for all.

He jumped at Tokoyami, lighting up his palms. Then, everything changed when Dark Shadow popped out.

"WAIT!"

Bakugo's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Did he just talk?!"

Suddenly, without a moment's notice, Tokoyami was pulled away, making Bakugo blow up the ground. What followed was a long and shard red feather being held at Tokoyami's throat while a sniper aimed at his head. Before long, Bakugo gasped at the sight of Aizawa.

"Dammit, Hawks! You were supposed to watch him!" Aizawa shouted, canceling Tokoyami's quirk.

"My bad," Hawks awkwardly admitted.

"Sensei? You're alive..." Bakugo cracked, oblivious to Hawks and Nagant.

"Yeah! I'm glad you're alive too, kid...!" Aizawa struggled to say due to him tightening the reigns around Tokoyami.

"Shota!" Mic rushed out of the bushes.

"We saw what happened with Tokoyami. Is everything -?" Running with her shotgun, Midnight stopped in her tracks.

"Oh." She noticed Bakugo and the others.

"No way... It's Hawks!" Kaminari laughed.

"Thank goodness!" Hagakure cried.

"We thought you were goners!" Her and Yaoyorozu jumped into Aizawa's arms.

"Yeah, well, you can thank Hawks for that..." He glanced his way respectfully.

"Young Bakugo!" All Might and Shinso were the next ones to appear.

"Shinso!" Kaminari laughed in disbelief and hugged him to his annoyance.

"Ugh! You're squeezing too hard, bro..."

"I'm glad you're safe! I was worried sick after we got separated!" All Might went to hug Bakugo until he held out his hand and stopped him right in his tracks.

"Sorry... I'm glad you're alive, but... We're not there yet," he awkwardly said.

"Oh... Of course." All Might quickly made room and awkwardly tapped his foot when the sight of something gave him goosebumps. "Well, I'll be damned..."