Ch 4 {Roadblock}

~ 9:35 am ~

After Aizawa told everyone they were going to kill zombies, the bus got pretty quiet. Midoriya had stopped muttering, Kaminari wasn't making jokes, and Bakugo wasn't making any more ruckus.

The only normal thing on the bus was Koda being his usual quiet self and Aoyama staring at an invisible audience. However, that silence was disturbed when Present Mic accidentally ran over something on the road which startled everyone.

"What the hell was that?!" Bakugo asked.

"Sorry. I accidentally ran over a piece of debris in the road," Mic said.

"At least try to drive better next time!" Aizawa was also annoyed.

"Well, excuse me for doing my job..." He mumbled.

Bakugo kissed his teeth at how stupid Mic's driving was and went back to staring out the window. It wasn't amusing for Bakugo to watch cars driving away from the most dangerous city on the planet.

If that wasn't enough, he could see multiple helicopters in the distance flying away from the city. They were probably evacuating politicians or people with money. Anything was possible during a crisis like this and in a world full of heroes.

At least the tree line on the side of the highway made everything seem less depressing. Along with the tall, grey, concrete wall that was being constructed around the city border.

Wait a minute.

As he noticed the wall towering in the distance, the bus started to slow down before coming to a complete stop in front of what appeared to be a roadblock. Soon everyone started to utter whispers to whoever they were sitting next to while Mic let Aizawa off the bus to see what was going on.

Since Aizawa would take a while, Mic turned off the bus to save gasoline and told the others to open the windows if they were feeling hot. As if on cue, Koda opened the window and felt the breeze blow past his face.

"That feels good," he whispered.

"What the hell is going on, Mic?!" Bakugo interrupted, hovering over the seat in front of him.

"Can you please stop doing that?" Shoji glanced over his shoulder as he hovered over him.

"Mind your damn business, tentacles!"

Kirishima took this as his cue to step in and grasped his shoulder. "Chill out, dude! No need to yell. Especially after what we just found out..."

Bakugo grunted knowing he was right and sat back down like a grumpy old man. "Whatever... For the record, I sat down because I wanted to, not because you asked me to."

"If you say so, man," he shrugged, smiling.

"Shut up!"

Just then, footsteps could be heard as Aizawa peeked his head into the bus.

"Is everything alright, sir?" Iida asked, standing up.

Aizawa looked at Iida for a brief moment but never said anything. To be honest, he didn't have to because the look on his face said it all. He quickly turned around and headed off the bus again but not before asking Cementoss to follow him.

After they left, Bakugo got up to see what was going on but accidentally stepped on Hagakure's foot, making him trip up.

"Ouch!" She winced.

"Hey, watch where you're sitting!" He shouted.

"Did he just?!" Hagakure was about to beat the shit out of him.