Ch 49 {Storm Clouds}

Song

\\ Out Of My League //

\\ Fitz and the Tantrums //

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

On the tenth floor, along the windows, three teachers were patrolling the halls, hoping to make sense out of nonsense. More so, with Aizawa, who couldn't imagine such a thing. Or in this case...

A mole.

"Do you really think there's a traitor?" Midnight broke the awkward silence.

"It wouldn't be far-fetched. What do you think, Shota...?" Mic nervously asked.

At hearing his question, Aizawa stopped in his tracks and reflected on the conversation that was had in the conference room. The evidence All Might presented, the argument that erupted, and, most importantly of all, the denial.

Aizawa couldn't believe such a thing. He couldn't entertain such a thought. However, he had to admit, something suspiscious was going on, and if they didn't keep their guard up, it would go straight over theirs heads.

"Whether or not there is... We can't deny All For One has plans that aren't good. Whether it involves Midoriya... One For All... Or Eri... All the more reason to stay vigilant," he responded.

"I share your sentiment, Eraser..." Hawks suddenly walked over, having but the slightest grin on his face.

"Where've you been?" Aizawa scolded.

"Oh, you know... Babysitting villains. The usual," he sarcastically said, joining them by the window.

"Oh! About One For All. Don't worry. I won't inform your secret - or whatever it is - to the Hero Commission. So long as it isn't a matter of national security," he said which was a relief to hear.

"Did Nagant tell the kids the news?" Midnight didn't hesitate to ask.

"She's heading to the dorms as we speak."

"About time... Honestly, I've had it here with you dragging my kids into your shenanigans." In addition to giving him side eye, Aizawa scoffed loud enough for Hawks to sigh in defeat.

"Yeah... I think it's high time I owe you an apology for that day... As well as an explanation."

"Explanation?" Aizawa quirked his brow, followed by Mic and Midnight.

"The HPSC asked for them that day. Not me. I was simply the messenger. . ."

"I see... Not that it changes anything," Aizawa dejected.

"I know... But I want you to know that I am sorry. We all made tough choices that day. Believe me..." Hawks apologized with a heavy heart.

"Touch choices," Dabi suddenly laughed, spooking the others.

"Where'd you come from?!" Mic kissed his teeth.

"Aren't you supposed to be downstairs?" Hawks asked, unbothered.

He was too tired to entertain his shit.

"Don't stress, Feathers! I let myself in. . ." He grinned, remembering how he flashed the security guards with fire. Mic stepped back as he joined Hawks' side and looked up at the rising moon.

"Touch choices..." He whispered, keeping his eyes fixated to the night sky.

"We all have that in common now. Whether it was to kill a friend..." He began, looking at Hawks. "Or to leave a child..." He said more so to Mic, who looked away out of shame.