Ch 26 {Lasagna}

\\ Chamber Of Reflection //

\\ Mac DeMarco //

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Knock! Knock! Knock!

At the time she heard the knocks, Melissa Shield was working in her room. Because she was listening to classical music, she didn't think anything of it but quickly changed her mind when she heard them for a second time.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Assuming whoever the person was was impatient, Melissa stopped what she was doing and headed for the door with a hand towel on her shoulder. She unlocked the door and opened it to find two familiar friends. One of which had a bag over his arm.

"Bakugo? Invisible girl?"

"It's Hagakure." They both answered.

"Sorry! What can I do for you...?" She sincerely asked.

Noticing people in the hallway, Bakugo cleared his throat. "Well, firstly, you could let us in."

"Of course," Melissa nodded.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"So, what brings you to my lovely home?" She asked, placing water on the table.

"Thank you, Melissa," Hagakure said before noticing Bakugo's silence. 

She nudged his ribs which seemed to get his attention.

"Ow!... Thanks, Melissa..." He grumbled.

"My pleasure. So, how can I help you?" She asked, sitting down.

"Since you asked, I'll cut right to the chase..." He dropped his bag on the table and pulled out his gauntlets. "I need you to fix these..."

Melissa fixed her glasses and picked one up. She analyzed it and deciphered the problem to be internal.

"In case you were wondering, the mechanism of the gauntlet builds up his nitroglycerin sweat which allows him to detonate it in a concentrated manner," Hagakure explained.

"But for whatever reason, it's been jamming up," he added.

"When did this first happen?" She asked, handing it back.

"A year ago... It cost me everything..." Bakugo sighed at the memory.

Melissa immediately recognized he was referring to ground zero. She didn't know the full story, but she assumed it involved Deku's death. How it pained her when she learned of it a year prior.

"I see... When do you need them fixed?"

"Whenever you're free. I know you're busy but if you can fix them before Monday... That'll be great."

As he said this, Melissa walked around the room in thought. Based on her analysis, she would need certain parts which would be easy to find given the fact that they live on a scientific island. The only issue was the time she had available.

Noticing that she was contemplating it, Hagakure spoke up. "And we'll pay you for your troubles, of course." which stopped her in her tracks.

"Believe me. I have money. My dad is working overseas right now and makes a ton of doe," Bakugo said.

Smiling at their kind gesture, she sat back down. "I appreciate the offer but... You can keep the money. At least until your dad comes back from work," she joked before continuing. "I mean, given what you went through... It's the least I can do. But if anything comes up, let me know and I'll speed up the process."