Ch 27 {Second Chances}

7:00 pm.

Everyone was sitting around Aizawa's coffee table, looking at Nezu's laptop. He received an encrypted message from Hawks, supposedly, and wanted to show them. Now, all they had to do was play the audio recording.

"Are you sure this isn't some kind of prank? Because if I was an asshole, I would for sure do this. Haha! Also, your breath smells funny, Shota."

"Speak for yourself."

"Oh, grow up, Mic! I doubt this is a prank. Besides, who would be stupid enough to prank Nezu?"

"Aren't you the one who tried to seduce a student once, Midnight?"

"T-That was one time! And he was an old student who was happening to be visiting. Come on, tell him, Vlad!"

"I have to be a part of this shit?"

"Anyway, how did you even get his contact info in the first place, dude?!"

"Perhaps I should jog your memory, Yamada. If I recall, Hawks was someone who told me about the outbreak. Logically, that would mean I have his contact information saved. Does that suffice?"

"Oh. Right."

"Not to sound skeptical, Nezu, but if Hawks went missing months ago, how are you so sure this isn't someone else? For all we know, he's probably dead."

"Well, Aizawa... See for yourself..."

Nezu was about to play the recorded message on his laptop when...

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Are we expecting someone?" Aizawa asked.

"My apologies, Aizawa..." Nezu stole the floor.

"I did say earlier that he might be coming. Sadly, you weren't around when I said that... Please don't be upset. I thought he should know."

Aizawa's expression quickly turned from suspicion to anger when he realized the truth. There was no doubt about it. He was here. And he would be the first one to greet him.

"Aizawa, don't!" Midnight tried to grab him but to no avail.

Approaching the door, Aizawa unlocked it and opened it to reveal the symbol of peace himself.

"Hey, Aizawa. Long time no -"

WHAM!

All Might quickly tumbled to the ground after getting punched by Aizawa, who also fell consequently. Vlad and Mic quickly rushed over to break up the fight. Meanwhile, Midnight shook her head in disappointment as Nezu sipped on some green tea.

By the time Vlad and Mic got to the door, Aizawa raised his hand, indicating that he was done. All the while, All Might sat upright against the wall and examined his bruised chin.

"I deserved that. Although, I gotta say... That hurt like a bitch!" All Might wiped away the blood from his chin.

"Likewise. You may look like a zombie but your face is as hard as ever," he replied, gripping his knuckles in pain.

"Also, are you drunk?!" He stood up.

"No. Just a little tipsy," Aizawa replied.

"Are you sure about that, man?" Mic doubted that much.

"I second that..." Vlad whispered.

"Anyway! Are you two done now?" Midnight asked from the living room.