Ch 22 {Nightmares}

\\ Less Than Zero //

\\ The Weeknd //

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Bakugo pulled out his earplugs and began to play music in the drizzle. As he walked the streets of I-Island, he ignored the people around him and the TVs in an electronics store that were talking about the Fall of Japan, or Fall as some would say. However, he did briefly glance at a report regarding the whereabouts of Best Jeanist who went missing after the Fall.

Stepping over puddles, Bakugo eventually rode a bus to a condo by the edge of the island. The rooms weren't fancy but did provide a good view of the sunset every day.

Once there, he greeted the bellman, got on the elevator, and went to the tenth floor. Putting away his earbuds, he stood in front of his room, pulled out a key card, and unlocked the door.

"Look who finally showed up! You do know what time it is, right?" Mitsuki greeted him from the living room.

"Of course, I know, woman! It's 4:30!" He looked at his wristwatch and dropped his bag at the door.

"So, I assume your therapy session went well, right?" She asked while he went straight into the kitchen to pour himself a glass of Apple juice.

"Yeah! No thanks to you..." He whispered the last part.

"What was that?"

Bakugo gritted his teeth since he hated the fact that she told his therapist about his nightmares and wanted to tell her off. However, he knew better than that, and so, he turned the other cheek.

"Nothing..."

"I thought so," she chuckled, flipping through the TV channels.

Leaning against the fridge, he drank his juice and listened to the air conditioning unit. The fact he could hear it so clearly even with the tv on revealed to him just how quiet the apartment was.

"So, where's Toru?" Bakugo broke the silence.

"She had to help that Creati girl with something! Also, your dad's business trip got extended, so he won't be back till next week."

"Oh..." He frowned to her surprise.

"Is everything okay?" She sincerely asked.

As much as he was flattered she sounded genuine for once, Bakugo didn't feel like talking to his mom after what happened in therapy. Usually, he talked to Hagakure about those things, but now that she wasn't there, he just wanted to sleep.

"Yeah... Everything is fine..." He clearly lied.

"If you say so..."

Now, a mother can always tell when her son is different, and it couldn't be helped if he didn't want to talk about it, so she would give him space. For now, at least.

When he was done, Bakugo put his glass in the sink and filled it with water so the residue wouldn't harden. He departed into his room where he removed his shoes and his belt, and flopped on top of the bed.

He was so tired that he couldn't care less about falling asleep on his stomach, so he closed his eyes and stretched out his arms. Within seconds of taking deep breaths and hearing the fan overhead, he drifted asleep and hoped for better dreams.