{Prologue}

"Mr. Bakugo?"

"Mr. Bakugo...?"

"Kacchan!"

SNAP!

Bakugo opened his eyes and found himself in a small office with drool on his lip. Wiping it away, he realized he fell asleep and sighed tiredly.

He forgot he was in therapy.

"It's about time you woke up, Mr. Bakugo. For a second, I thought you were dead." His therapist joked before proceeding to fix her glasses.

"Well, it's easy to drift off when your therapist is putting you to sleep. And again... It's Bakugo." He slid his hands into the sleeves of his black jacket.

"That maybe so, but we still have a session to finish. Now... Where were we? Right! You were about to tell me why you slapped that girl with a slice of pizza," she retorted.

"I already told you... I was defending my friend," he grumbled.

"I'm fully aware, Mr. Bakugo... What I'm referring to is the subconscious reason. Why your anger got the better of you."

"Oh yeah? And what has your PHD. knowledge concluded to?" Bakugo sarcastically waved his hands around.

"Trauma."

Falling silent at the assessment, Bakugo kissed his teeth and ignored her eyes.

"I don't have trauma..."

"Trauma is nothing to be ashamed about, Mr. Bakugo. Everyone has it, whether small or large. Sadly, you just happen to have lived through an event that gave lots of people trauma."

"Okay, fine! How do I get rid of it?" Bakugo threw his hands in the air.

"First, you confront the root of the problem. Where it all began. Any ideas?" She played herself a fool.

"Yeah... I have some..." He sighed.

"So... Let's start there. I mean, we only have an hour, and spring break is around the corner. I'd hate to end it here before getting anywhere."

"I don't want to talk about it! It's too painful..." He whispered.

"Is it related to the fall of Japan?"

"Yeah..."

"If I recall, you never said much about your time during the Jaku outbreak. Although, I was able to get the main details from teachers."

"Tsk! Let me guess... Mr. Aizawa?"

"On the contrary... All Might."

Bakugo winced at the name.

"Don't say that name in here..." He chillingly whispered.

"Who? All Might?" She sincerely asked with her pen and notebook ready.

"YES!"

"But I thought he was your idol. What changed...?"

Scoffing under his breath, Bakugo recalled painful memories he buried a long time ago. "It's complicated..."

"Try me! I'll wait..." She softly said.

Bakugo expelled a sigh and grumbled something under his breath. If it took talking about his past to end these sessions, it was worth it.

"If I tell you my story... Why I defended my friend... Will you end the sessions indefinitely?" He negotiated.

"Once I give my advice, then yes."

Bakugo sank into the sofa and sighed at the ceiling. That was a relief.

"In that case... I'll start from the beginning. Although some parts might sound inappropriate..." He blushed in embarrassment.

"No worries, Mr. Bakugo... Just speak your mind. I won't judge," she smiled assuringly to his relief.

"Again. It's Bakugo! Or Mr. Katsuki, if you must address me formally," he compromised.

"Very well... Mr. Katsuki," She smirked while readying her notes.

"The day was bad from the start. We had to rescue children from a mall, and sadly... Some of my friends didn't make it. But if you want the full story, we'll have to rewind the clock a year back to where it all began. UA High..."