Ch 39 {Temporary Truce}

\\ Heathens //

\\ Twenty One Pilots //

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I hate forests."

Waving off bugs annoyingly, Shinso stepped over weeds and tugged at his scarf. From Ojiro's perspective, he was suffocating with the added backpack, and offered to hold it.

Shinso didn't have a problem with this, of course. He was grateful. Still, even though there was no apparent threat chasing after them, he occasionally glanced at their tour guide. Aka, the one, and only, Hero Killer Stain.

"So, you and Stain, huh? Never thought I would see the day when heroes work with villains," Shinso scoffed.

"Easy, kid. Don't forget who got you out of Kamino." Even while clearing a path, Stain overheard them.

"So... I think it's high time you explain what you're doing out here," Ojiro questioned both Shinso and All Might.

"I think it's high time you explain how you survived the Jaku outbreak! Last I heard, you fought a Nomu."

Ojiro frowned at the memory.

"It's not something I like to remember, but in short, I cut its head off and barely made it out of the city alive. That is until Stain found me, and the rest is history."

"I see..."

"So, Stain saves you, and you survive the apocalypse together. How sweet," Shinso sarcastically added.

"Tsk! As if you two aren't in the same boat. Now, I'm going to ask you again... Why did you come here?" Ojiro sternly asked a second time.

Shinso gave All Might a skeptical look. Should they tell them? All Might nodded, and Shinso reluctantly agreed. Surely, they could trust Ojiro at least.

"We're here to save Eri..." All Might answered.

"I see. Is it just the two of you?"

"No... Bakugo, Denki, Shoto, Yaoyorozu, and Hagakure are here as well." Shinso looked at his reaction, which he found quite questionably sad.

"So, Hagakure is here as well... At least some of you made it off Japan. As for Mr. Aizawa, I still can't believe he allowed you guys to come," Ojiro added.

"Mr. Aizawa? You know he's here?!"

"I do. Stain and I intercepted Hawks' transmission a few days ago, and although there was static, we managed to decipher two things."

"Eraserhead and Kamino..." Stain finished, slicing through more bush.

"Wait, so, you're not with Hawks?" All Might asked Stain.

"Far from it. We're part of a small gated community just east of Kamino. We simply came to check it out."

"But why? What if it was a trap?" Shinso's question made Stain scoff.

"Trust me, kid. We've been living on this undead rock for almost a year. We can spot a trap from a mile away."

"So, if you're not with Hawks, how do we know if the others are okay?"