Part 63~Moon

"I can't believe we lost them." Katara hung her head as Sokka and Yue sat beside her.

"You did everything you could and now we need to do everything we can to get them back." Sokka paused, seeing the tears in Katara's eyes. "Hajime couldn't have gotten far. We'll find him. They'll be fine. Isu will be fine." Sokka grinned as Katara cleared her throat, growing self-conscious. "You know, she'll probably be beating Hajime up by the time we arrive."

Katara chuckled, wiping her cheeks. "Probably... Okay." She pushed herself up, walking to Corno's side and pulling herself onto Corno's back. She stopped, glancing behind her. "Maybe we leave the others here."

Sokka glanced at the rabbits, nodding as he got the cage out and put it on the ground, depositing the rabbits inside." Katara paused before putting the hermit crab inside as well.

"Let's go." Katara climbed back on as Sokka and Yue climbed onto Pickle's back, taking off into the sky. The blizzard raged outside, covering everything and making the normally safe path dangerous.

Hajime grumbled, forcing his way through the wind. He reshuffled the people on his back with a growl. "I'm not done yet."

~~~

Blinking, Zuko looked around him. The mystical swamp surrounded him. He was lost again. Forcing himself to his feet, Zuko stumbled around. His eyes widened as he spotted the strange meditating monkey-like creature.

"Hello? I'm sorry to disturb you. I just really need to find the Moon and the Ocean spirits... and my friend."

The baboon spirit was not having it. "Go. Away." It paused before opening one eye. "You're still here?"

"Yes, I need-" Zuko couldn't finish as the baboon spirit meditated louder.

When Zuko was still there, the baboon sighed. "Perhaps that thing will help you. Chase it." The spirit pointed to the bug as Zuko narrowed his eyes.

Sighing, he shrugged his shoulders, chasing after the bug. Jumping up, Zuko stumbled over, falling face down in the mud.

Giggling, the young voice echoed from above Zuko. "What are you doing?"

Zuko blinked, pushing himself up. "Oh, it's you."

"You look so pleased to see me." Himari laughed as she jumped down. "I-chan wanted me to find you and now I have!"

"I-chan? Isu?" Himari nodded as Zuko pushed himself up. "Can you take me to her?"

Himari hummed, playing with her hair. "No!" Laughing, she ran away as Zuko growled, chasing after her.

"Get back here!" Pushing through the bushes, Zuko stumbled into the clear fields, staring at Isu and Roku. "Roku! Isu!"

Isu chuckled, looking at Zuko. "I told you not to leave me side." Before Zuko could protest, Himari bounced up, beaming at Isu.

"I brought Bad-tar like you asked, I-chan!"

Isu smiled, petting Himari's hair. "That you did. Thank you, Mari-chan." Himari cheered, hugging Isu's neck as Zuko glared at her.

"I hate you."

"Hate you too, Bad-tar!"

~~~

Hajime stumbled, the ice cracking beneath his feet as his eyes widened. The ice splintered, caving in as Hajime dashed away. Jumping, Hajime just avoided the danger as Isu, Hachi and Zuko fell out of his grasp.

Panting, Hajime pushed himself up, spotting the cave in the far distance. "Shelter." Dragging Isu, Hachi and Zuko up, Hajime stumbled into the cave, taking time to tie each up.

~~~

"Roku, the Water Tribe's under attack. I need to find the ocean and the moon spirits." Zuko looked around in panic as Roku smiled softly.

"I am aware. Isu has caught me up on everything that has happened. The Ocean and the Moon are ancient spirits. They crossed over the Spirit World to the mortal world very near the beginning. There is only one spirit I know of who is old enough to remember."

Isu and Zuko shared a look, both extremely interested. "Who?"

"Koh of course!" Himari grinned. "Take one look, make one face, oop too late, your face is gone!" As normal, Himari's song was not what someone wanted to hear in this situation.

"The spirit's name is Koh but he is very dangerous," Roku supplied, placing a hand on Himari's shoulders. 

"They call him the Face Stealer. When you speak with him, you must be very careful to show no emotion at all. Not the slightest expression or he will steal your face."

Zuko gulped, looking horrified as Isu nodded. "Don't suppose we could use a mask in this situation?"

"Sorry, I-chan, nope." Himari took Isu's hand as Isu shook her head.

"That's fine. We'll find another way."

"Or you'll die!"

Zuko gulped as he stepped away from Himari. "Could you stop saying that to me?"

"Nope!"

~~~

Growling, Zhao looked around. "Where is that brat!"

"Admiral Zhao?" The Fire Nation soldier stepped closer as Zhao spun around.

"What?!"

The solider gulped before standing taller. "I've been told to remind you that we have a time limit. If we do not defeat the water tribe before the full moon rises, they will be undefeatable."

Zhao sighed, standing taller as he recollected himself. "I assure you I have everything under control. I intend to remove the moon as a factor."

"But... sir, how is that possible?"

Zhao chuckled as Hahn burst through the door. "Admiral Choi! Prepare to meet your fate!" Hahn charged at Zhao who casually tossed him overboard, continuing his explanation without a falter.

"As I was saying, years ago I stumbled upon a great and powerful secret: the identity of the Moon Spirit's mortal form."

"What?"

"I was a young lieutenant serving under General Shu in the Earth Kingdom. I discovered a hidden library. Underground in the face. I tore through scroll after scroll. One of them contained a detailed illustration and the words 'moon' and 'ocean'. I knew then that these spirits could be found and killed. And that it was my destiny to do so."

The soldier gaped, stepping back. "But sir... the spirits are not to be trifled with..."

"Yes, yes... I know you all fear the spirits but the Ocean and Moon gave up their immortality to become a part of our world. And now they will face the consequences."The soldier stepped back. "You shouldn't do that. That's not right."

Raising his eyebrow, Zhao grabbed the soldier, throwing him overboard with Hahn. He grinned, turning away. 

"Never tell me I shouldn't do something. We press on, today, the moon spirit dies."