Part 37~Jet

Katara stared up at the moon, watching the water in confusion. "I don't get it." Katara looked back at her scroll, unsure about what was going on. "How is the moon meant to teach anyone?"

Laughing, Isu leaned back. "Don't be rude to the moon. He tries very hard."

"What?"

"The moon spirit, he tries very hard." Isu hopped down, humming as she started her walk through the forest. Pausing, she tilted her head at the animals trapped in a cage trapped hanging from the tree limbs. "Disgusting."

Hopping up, Isu landed on top of the tree, jumping from trunk to trunk to get higher. Undoing the trap mechanisms, the hog monkeys were set free. They quickly dashed away, escaping danger as Isu jumped back down.

"What are you doing?"

Yelping, Isu jumped away from Zuko who watched her in confusion. "Just freeing some poor animals."

Nodding, Zuko looked over the traps, frowning. "These are Fire Nation traps, you can tell from the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving before they catch up to us."

Gulping, Isu agreed as they ran back to the camp and told the others the same.

"Wait, not flying this time."

Pausing, everyone turned to Sokka in confusion. Hachi tilted his head, looking at Sokka carefully. "Why wouldn't we fly?"

"Think about it: Somehow the Firenation and Hajime keep finding us. It's because they spot the bison, he's just too noticeable."

"What? Pickle's not too noticeable!" Hachi defensively stroked Pickle's fur.

"He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kinda hard to miss him!"

"Sokka's just jealous 'cause he doesn't have an arrow." Hachi stroked Hachi fur making the bison roar.

"I know you all wanna fly but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk."

Katara smiled, crossing her arms over her chest. "Who made you the boss?"

"I'm not the boss. I'm the leader."

"You're the leader? But your voice still cracks!"

Sokka growled, his voice cracking. "I'm the oldest! And I'm a warrior so, I'm the leader," Sokka lowered his voice as Isu giggled. "What?!"

"Zuko and Hachi are both older than you." Isu smiled as Hachi blinked in surprise.

"I'm definitely not the leader," Hachi held up his hands, stepping back.

"I'm not taking on that responsibility until my dad is gone," Zuko announced, gulping from the idea. "If anyone's the leader, it's Isu. She is the one dragging us all around the world."

"Are you kidding, she's just a goofy kid!" Sokka stared in horror, pointing at Isu who gasped in offence.

"I'm not a goofy kid! I'm a rebellious kid!"

"That's not any better."

Katara lifted her head higher. "Why do boys always think someone has to be the leader? I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl."

"I've kissed a girl, you just haven't met her."

Laughing, Isu rolled her eyes. "So have I but that doesn't make me the leader." Everyone paused, staring at Isu as she coughed awkwardly. "Anyway, I think Iroh should choose what we do. He has the most experience."

Iroh gulped as he looked around each member of the gang. "I think we should walk, or at least until we are out of the fire nation territory."

~~~