Part 15~Suki

Charging around the corner, Isu hid behind the building. She panted heavily, trying to get oxygen back into her blood. The young villagers ran past, letting her relax. She slid down the wooden planks, she rested her forehead on her knees. "Stupid Hachi."

"Isu?"

Isu lifted her head slightly, giving a tired smile to Sokka as he walked towards her.

"What are you doing?"

Chuckling, Isu stood up. "Just going for a morning run. What about you?"

Sokka shrugged clearly, still upset about what happened. "Where are we?"

Looking around her, Isu blinked. "I have no idea." She crept up to the door of the building, glancing around. Her jaw dropped when noticing the six warriors training in the centre of the room.

Together, the warriors moved through the formations and movements. Isu's heart skipped a beat as she watched the ladies.

Sokka smirked, walking past Isu with a condescending glimmer in his eyes. "Sorry ladies-" Sokka started, making the warriors stop their exercise- "didn't mean to interrupt your dance lesson."

Isu winced, slapping her forehead as she watched him be an idiot.

Sokka stretched out, loosening his limbs. "I was just looking for somewhere to get a little workout."

One of the warriors- Suki if Isu remembered correctly- turned to Sokka. "Well, you're in the right place. Sorry about yesterday, I didn't know that you were friends with the avatar." Suki stopped, raising her eyebrow at Isu. "Are you coming in?"

Blushing slightly, Isu nodded as she walked in. "That alright, I don't expect people to recognise us, especially with Avatar Zuko with us."

Sokka smirked, waving off Suki. "She means, normally we'd hold a grudge, but seeing as you guys are a bunch of girls, I'll make an exception."

Suko rolled her eyes, a sarcastic tone on her voice. "I should hope so. A big strong man like you? We wouldn't stand a chance."

Sokka raised his head smugly. "True. But don't feel bad. After all, I'm the best warrior in my village."

Isu resisted the urge to throw Sokka into a wall as Suki walked closer to him. "Wow," she drawled on, "Best warrior, huh? In your whole village? Maybe you'd be kind enough to give us a little demonstration."

Isu had no idea how Sokka didn't sense the sarcasm in Suki's voice. He was an idiot.

Suki returned to the other warriors. "Come on, girls! Wouldn't you like him to show us some moves?"

The other warriors giggled, smiling in agreement.

"Well, if that's what you want, I'd be happy to." Suki placed a hand on Suki's shoulder, pushing her back a little. "All right, you stand over there. Now, this may be a little tough but try to block me."

Sokka took a fighting stance, not caring that Suki hadn't moved. He charged forward, attacking the warrior by pushing her. Suki brought up her arm, moving pushing her closed fan out and into Sokka's shoulder. Sokka cried out in pain and staggered backwards.

Sokka tried to play it off, pretending like he didn't just fail spectacularly. "Let's see if you can handle this!" Sokka attempted to hit Suki with a roundhouse kick but she quickly dodged under and pushed him off balance.

Suki gently fanned herself, a defiant glint in her posture.

"That does it!" Sokka jumped up, charging at her. Suki closed her fan, moving out of the way. She grabbed him by the arm, pushing his shoulder and spinning him around. Sokka could do nothing as Suki kept spinning him. She let go, loosening his belt and tying his hand and foot behind his back.

Sokka tried to maintain balance but he couldn't.

Suki smirked, a mocking expression on her face. "Anything else you want to teach us?" The warriors laughed at Sokka making Isu growl.

Swiping her foot around, Isu pulled Suki off her balance. "You want a real fight, Sweetheart? Then come at me. Promise I won't use my air bending." Isu straightened up, getting into her fighting stance as Suki stood up.

Dashing forward, Isu aimed a punch at Suki who dodged and aimed her own back. Isu blocked the attack, spinning on her foot to aim a kick at Suki's head. Suki ducked under, punching Isu gut when Isu grabbed her hand and pulled Suki around. She managed to get Suki in a chokehold when Suki grabbed her and threw her over her shoulders and onto the floor.

Isu coughed, the wind rushing out of her lungs as she lay there breathless.

Suki stood back up, brushing off the dust from her outfit. "Not bad, you fight better than your friend."

Isu sighed, hitting her head against the floor with a hiss. The warriors were still laughing at them. Jumping up, Isu used her bending to free Sokka as she left. Sokka glanced between Isu and the warriors before charging after Isu.

"Hey, wait up!" Sokka panted slightly, barely reaching Isu as she stopped on the village border. She gently hopped down, sitting beside Corno. "Thanks. For trying to stand up for me."

Isu nodded slightly. "What's your problem with girls fighting? I'm stronger than you, those girls were stronger than you, so what's your issue."

Sokka didn't answer her question, simply watching her sadly pet her bison's head.

"I was hoping to talk to them. Kyoshi was one of the last proper avatars. Their knowledge could have helped us with Zuko."

~~~

Sokka gulped as he walked back into the building. He shuffled nervously, scratching the side of his face. "Hey, Suki."

Suki glared at him. "Hoping for another dance lesson?"

"No! ...I... Well, let me explain."

Suki scoffed. "Spit it out! What do you want?"

Sokka stepped back from the hostility, dropping to his knees in front of her. "Please, don't take your anger to me on Isu. She respects you and she would love to train with you."

"And you would not."

Sokka bit his lip. "It would be an honour to train with you; however, I have offended you and do not deserve to train with you. Isu is an amazing fighter who has dedicated her life to training and protecting the avatar, she deserves your respect, not me."

"Sokka..." The group stopped, turning to the new voice, seeing Isu standing in the door frame.

Sokka turned away from Isu, standing up and backing away. "I'll leave you warriors alone."

"Sokka! Wait!" Isu tackled Sokka into a hug, a bright smile on her face. "Thank you but you didn't need to do this. I'd prefer to hang out with you and Katara than here. Besides, we can train together, then maybe you won't be so useless."

Sokka scoffed lightly. "If anyone here is useless, it's you."

"Nope!" Isu ducked away from Sokka, waving to Suki. "Goodbye, Suki."

Suki blinked, glancing at the other warriors. "Wait. If, and I stress if, you both listen to us, do exactly what we say, follow our traditions and behave, then maybe we can teach you."

Isu's eyes sparkled, jumping up with a cheer.

"But I mean all our traditions."

Sokka gulped, he didn't like the sound of that.