Part 20~Cabbages

"Stop messing with it," Hachi hissed, flicking Isu's hands.

"It's annoying."

"It wouldn't be annoying if you stopped messing with it."

Pouting, Isu laid her head down on her hands. Her hair had been cut short, fluffy curls left on the top. The entire mass had been dyed black, much to Isu's annoyance. Like Isu, Hachi had his hair dyed to match, though he only had a small trim on the length.

"You're lucky, you're not Zuko," Hachi stated as Isu shivered.

"Agreed, I would have blown up the store if they tried that with me."

While neither Isu nor Hachi was allowed to stay, they did get to watch the hairstylist cut off what little hair Zuko had on the back of his head. To make him a little less stand-out-of-the-crowd, he had been given a series of wigs he had to learn how to put on while his hair grew back. They had been thrown out of the shop while this process went on.

"Ah, you're done!" Iroh smiled as he walked up. A series of bags were layered over his arms. Sokka approached, staring at Hachi and Isu's hair suspiciously. "Have you stocked up, hair dye can and will wash out if you're not careful. And the roots will start to show after a while."

Isu's eyes widened as she smiled. "I'll get my hair back!"

Katara chuckled a little, approaching Isu's side. "You know what, it's not that bad. It's fluffy." Katara ruffled Isu's hair as she blushed and lowered her head.

"Maybe it's not that bad then." Isu scratched the back of her neck, turning away from Katara.

Throwing a bag at Isu and Hachi, Sokka clapped his hands. "Go get changed and we'll meet back when Zuko's out."

Nodding, Isu and Hachi left the others alone in peaceful silence. Or peaceful until Sokka opened his mouth. 'You two seem to be getting close.' Sokka glanced at Katara who blinked.

'What?'

'You and Isu. Is there something you're not telling me, sis?' Sokka smirked as Katara shifted.

'I have no idea what you're talking about.' Katara played with her hair as Isu and Hachi returned. Isu was pulling at her outfit, just as displeased with it as she was with the hair. The outfit was that of an Earthbender, green in nature with a pair of black trousers on. Wristbands strapped around her wrists- meant to aid with Earthbending.

Isu grumbled, trying to pull the bracelet off. 'This is dishonourable to my culture.'

'Did somebody say honour?' Zuko popped his head out the door, looking between the members of the group.

Hachi gaped, staring at Zuko. The wig was relatively okay compared to normal wigs one would find. He pulled at it self consciously, almost tempting it off his head. The stylist had given Zuko some makeup, covering his scar. All that was left to do was to change outfits.

Hachi frowned, stepping forward and walking in front of Zuko. He gently lifted his hand, wiping away the makeup. 'Don't hide your scar. There, much better.' Hachi smiled at Zuko who stared back in wonder.

'Gosh, am I the only straight kid here!' Sokka threw his hands in the air as Hachi and Zuko blushed and stepped away from each other.

Iroh chuckled, sipping at his tea. 'Ah, the wonders of youth.'

After Zuko got changed, the group made their way through the market. They slowly searched for their supplies, splitting into groups for each section of the list.

Zuko and Hachi shared a confused glance as they stared at the cabbage merchant.. 'Have you never gone shopping before, Zuko?'

Zuko shook his head, narrowing his eyes as he picked up a cabbage. 'No... How does this work?'

Hachi shrugged, turning away to join the rest of the group. Zuko gently put down the cabbage and walked away. The cabbage merchant lowered his head disappointedly.

'We'll take this if you don't mind, good sir.' Iroh pointed to the bag of food, pulling out some of his money. 'Ah, do you take water tribe money?'

The merchant glared at Iroh, taking back the items as the group sighed.

Sokka tapped his chin, his eyes narrowed. 'If we can't find some earth kingdom money, we're going to have issues.'

There was a collective silence from the group as Isu smiled.

'Isu, don't.' Hachi glared at his sister as she pouted.

'Fine.' Isu tilted her head up angrily. The others shared a confused look, unsure what the two siblings were talking about. 'Then what are we going to do?'

A long pause followed as everyone took a long and hard thought.

'We're going to starve,' Sokka grumbled as the others sighed. Zuko yawned, taking in a deep breath. Sniffling, Zuko pressed against his nose so he could stop the sneeze.

Isu pushed Katara down, dodging the blast caused by the act. Zuko blinked, shocked that his Airbending was that powerful.

Chuckling, Isu stood back up. 'Just need to get your normal bending that strong.'

Zuko gulped, nodding as the scream echoed from the side. 'My cabbages!' Turning, the group could see the cabbage merchant bending over his destroyed cart. 'Guards!'

'Oh... flameo.'

~~~

Throwing the group into the room, the guards stood back to guard the door. Isu glanced around the room, seeing the king sitting on his throne. He was flanked by two guards.

One guard walked forward, pushing the group forward. Your majesty, these juveniles were arrested for vandalism, travelling under false pretences and malicious destruction of cabbages.'

The cabbage merchant jumped up and down, waving his fist in the air. 'Off with their heads! One for each head of cabbage!'

'Silence! Ony the king can pass down judgement.' The guard glared at the cabbage merchant who quietened down. 'What is your judgement, sire?

Sokka whimpered, clasping his hands together in a prayer. Katara tried to silently beg for forgiveness as Zuko hid behind Hachi fearfully. Isu glanced at Iroh, both getting ready to fight back at a second's notice.

The king sat up, narrowing his eyes. 'Throw them... a feast!'