Part 18~Katara

"Katara!" Jumping onto Corno's back, Isu lead the bison over the forest. Hachi was quick to get everyone on Pickle's back and follow his sister. "Katara! Where are you?!" Isu whipped her head around wildly, searching for the missing water bender.

Screaming, Isu felt her grip failing as a strong Gail threw her off Corno's back.

"Isu!" Hachi jumped off Corno's back, giving the reins to Zuko before he leapt. Grabbing Isu, Hachi surrounded them in a strong breeze, breaking their fall.

Groaning, Isu rubbed the back of her head as she tried to sit up. Her eyes widened as she stopped the Airbender in front of her. "Hello there Isu. I caught your friend here wandering about the forest. Shouldn't she know not to go into the dark, lots of strange people in there?" Hajime pulled Katara closer, holding a knife to her throat.

Katara locked eyes with Isu, taking a deep breath.

"Don't be so sad, Isu, I'm willing to trade," Hajime smirked as Isu jumped onto her arms, she swung around her foot, sending an airstream to Hajime and causing him to lose his footing.

Katara took her moment, grabbing Hajime's wrist and twisting it until he dropped the knife. She grabbed the blade and rushed to Isu's side. "Are you okay?"

Isu blinked in shock. "Am I okay? Are you okay? You were just held at knifepoint! He didn't hurt you right?" Isu ghosted her fingers against Katara's skin looking for any change.

"I'm fine, Isu. Who is that guy?!"

Isu grumbled, glaring at her cousin who had yet to get back up. "My cousin. He attacked Iroh."

"Oh, now that's just not on." Katara got into a fighting stance but Hajime wasn't there.

Tutting, Isu turned to the forest. "Where are you, coward?! You always did run away from a fight!"

Jumping out of a bush, Hajime swung at Isu. "And you always talked too much."

Reaching out, Isu made a split decision. Grabbing the long branch, Isu didn't try to stop it. She spun herself around, throwing the stick- and Hajime- to the side.

Isu stopped, looking at her hands. "I did it!"

"Good job, you threw the evil guy at me," Hachi grumbled, pushing Hajime off him as he stood up.

"Whoops, I forgot you were here."

"I saved your life again and you ignored me."

"I save everyone's lives and everyone ignores that!" Isu pouted, crossing her arms.

Katara stepped closer, putting a hand on Isu's shoulder. "I don't ignore that. Thank you for coming for me and saving me. You're an amazing warrior."

Blushing, Isu internally screamed. "You're very welcome! Any time for you! I can't let anyone hurt you!"

Katara laughed slightly as Hachi rolled his eyes. "Let's go."

Crash!

Zuko rolled off Pickle's back, a terrified expression on his face. "How do you fly that thing?!"

Chuckling, Hachi stroked Pickle's head. "Want me to teach you?"

"Nope, I'm good."

"Come on, it'll be fun."

Isu's eyes sparkled as she grabbed Katara. "Us too! I'll teach you!"

Katara smiled, nodding. "That's a great idea. Having a backup pilot could be extremely beneficial especially if one of us gets hurt."

Nodding, Isu needed no other prompting, Isu grabbed Katara and jumped onto Corno's back, guiding her throw the ropes.

As they launched into the sky, Hajime growled. "I'll teach them. I'll bring them home."

Crack.

Hajime's head spun as the branch hit the back of his head. Laying his head on the ground, Hajime blacked out.

~~~

Sokka sighed as he watched Isu chatting off Katara's ear. He turned away from them, a saddened expression on his face.

"Is something on your mind, Sokka?" Iroh patted the space beside him, a kind smile on his face. "Why don't we talk about it?"

Sokka sighed again, walking over and sitting beside Iroh. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah... No... I'm not sure... I just... I wish I had gotten a chance to give Suki a better goodbye rather than just running out on her. She deserves more than that."

Iroh hummed. "I'm sure you'll have a chance to say goodbye once more in the future."

"No offence, but if I get to meet her again, I'm not planning on having to leave her behind."

Iroh chuckled, patting Sokka's back. "As it should be. I'm sure you'll get to meet her again. In the meantime... Where are we going? I might have slept through that."

Chuckling, Sokka leaned closer to Iroh as if he was about to whisper a great secret. "Honestly, I have no idea. I may have dozed off too."

~~~

Hachi smiled as he turned to Zuko. "Are you ready to try?"

Zuko gulped, clearly resistant to the idea.

"Don't worry, I'll be here the whole time." Hachi shuffled closer to Zuko, wrapping his arm around Zuko.

He gently pushed the reins into Zuko's hands. Zuko's grip turned white as I tightened his fist around the leash.

"Relax Zuko, Corno isn't going to fight back." When Zuko failed to do as instructed, Hachi shook his head. "Come on." Hachi moved closer, moving to sit behind Zuko. Zuko froze, feeling Hachi's breath on the back of his neck. Hachi gently rubbed Zuko's back, encasing him into a hug. "Corno can sense your tension, the more afraid you are, the worse he'll be to fly."

Zuko took in a deep breath, forcing himself to relax. He gently pulled at the reins causing Corno to rise in the sky. Hachi whispered congratulations, excitement clear in his voice.

Smiling, Zuko easily flew Corno around, flying above the others.

"That's amazing, Zuko! I'm so proud of you!" Hachi hugged Zuko tightly, making him squeak and let go of the reins.

Cursing, Zuko reached out, startling himself when a small jet of air burst from his hands. "I... I air bent!"

"You air bent! You're an Airbender!"

"I'm an Airbender!" Zuko smiled as Hachi jumped up.

"This is amazing! Now we can start your training. You'll be properly bending in no time! You'll see!"

Zuko watched as Hachi jumped around on the bison's back, an excited glimmer in his eyes. He's adorable. The second the thought crossed Zuko's mind he turned away. Oh, fu-