Chapter 17

Grace and Silas climbed into the car and headed to the diner for breakfast.
"What do you want to get?" Silas asked looking over the menu.
"Pancakes with extra chocolate chips and syrup" she smiled.
"God that disgusting"
"Spoil sport" She smiled.
"Hey Gracie. Silas" Frank greeted.
"Hey Frank. Slow morning?"
"Yeah, but I enjoy it. What can I get the two of you?" He smiled.
"Pancakes please, you know how I like them" Grace smiled.
"Pancakes with a whole lot of sugar coming right up, and for you?" Frank asked Silas.
"Just coffee please" Silas smiled. Frank nodded, taking the menus and heading off the kitchen.
"So what's next?" Grace asked.
"One thing at a time" Grace faked a large frown which made him smile.
Frank returned not long after with a cup of coffee for Silas and orange juice and pancakes for Grace.
"How do you not have diabetes yet?" He chuckled.
"I have a great workout" she smiled winking at him "Come on, try some" She waved a full fork at him.
"That's disgusting"
"Come on you'll like it" She smiled waving the fork. Silas leant forward hesitantly, taking the fork in his mouth.
"Okay that's amazing" his face lit up at the taste. Grace looked around the room, leaning over the table, she dropped her voice below a whisper.
"Does it taste as good as me?"
"It comes second best to you" he winked.

Grace pushed open the door to her store, spotting Rose at the counter.
"Rose-" Grace cut herself off in surprise as Rose rushed towards her and pushed her into the back area of the store.
"Tell me where you've been!" She demanded.
"I took the weekend off...to fuck my ex-husband" she said slowly.
"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" Rose shouted before Grace threw her hand over her mouth.
"Shut up. I don't want the whole town knowing by lunch" Grace told her.
"Sorry. I just knew something was going to happen between the two of you" she smirked.
"Yeah well. The kids hate him again, apparently seeing your mother on top of him throws off the mood especially when she then spends the weekend sleeping with him"
"Oh my god I heard about the party. What happened?"
"Well I caught Poppy in bed with Mason about to take her pants off. And apparently Miles is dating Chloe and they bought an apartment together"
"No way!" Rose gasped.
"Oh yeah. And during this argument is when Miles spotted the hickeys on my neck"
"Wow. He has impeccable timing"
"Yes he does. But, Silas and I have agreed to give it a go, today we're taking the day to think about Maddie" Grace gave a solemn look.
"Oh sweetie. Take all the time you need, enjoy your time with Silas"
"Thank you. I'll be back tomorrow, I promise"
"I can run this shop alone, I don't know why you insist on coming in every day. Go, have fun, make love" Rose wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.
"I'll see you tomorrow" Grace told her.

Grace and Silas walked down the street side by side towards their second destination.
"Right. First stop, the bookstore" Silas smiled.
"The bookstore?"
"Yes. You can get anything you want, no limits, anything you want" he smiled.
"I've actually been meaning to come here for a while now, my TBR is just growing day by day" Silas smiled at Grace as she dragged him inside by his hand.
Silas wandered around the store, his arms out as Grace stacked the books she wanted high.
"Oh my god! I can't believe they have it ends with us by Colleen Hoover. This woman is a writing god and this has to be one of the greatest love stories ever written as well as being heartbreaking" Silas smiled as Grace ranted about the book before adding it to the pile "How long have we been in here?"
"About an hour" Silas shrugged.
"I'm sorry today is supposed to be for the both of us and I'm just taking over with my book obsession"
"Don't apologize, I love how happy this is making you" he smiled.
"Good. It will make up for how expensive all these books are" Silas smiled, following her to the counter.
"Quite a collection here Grace. Ever heard of light reading?" Olivia joked.
"Not ever" Grace smiled "How's your mom?"
"She's good, I thought I would let her lie in today"
"Good girl" Grace smiled taking one of the bags of books whilst Silas paid then took the other "See you later" Grace smiled, leading Silas out of the shop.
Silas then led her to the flower shop which was full of the last flowers of the season before it became too cold.
"Which are you favorite?" Silas asked.
"Any that you have put thought into and picked out for me" she smiled. Silas handed her the other bag of books before he headed inside. He returned five minutes later with a large bouquet of white daisies, pink roses and a mix of other colours.
"Their beautiful, thank you" She smiled, handing him one of the book bags in return for her flowers. The ringing of Silas's phone broke their moment of peace together.
"Who is it?"
"No one important" he smiled "I'll turn it off"
"No Silas, what if work needs to call you?"
"Then they can wait. Today is for you" he smiled, slipping the switched off device back into his pocket "Now, to the bakery. I know you can't resist treats" he smiled leading her to the next shop.
Grace looked through the glass at the different pastries and cakes, each one looked more delicious than the last.
"Hello dear, how are you?" Miss Donnelly smiled.
"We are seriously lacking something sugary" Grace smiled.
"Well we can't have that. What can I get you?" She smiled.
"A dozen mixed cookies, two crossiants, and a triple chocolate cupcake please. Oh and a custard doughnut" Grace smiled.
"Of course" Miss Donnelly smiled.
"Your enabling her sugar habit" Silas scolded playfully.
"I'm old enough to decide how much sugar is too much and when it comes to Miss Donnelly's treats, too much does not exist" Grace smiled.
"Too true. Have a nice day you too" Mary smiled handing Silas the bag of treats.
"You too Mary" Grace smiled leading Silas out of the store. As soon as the door shit behind them Mary picked up her phone.
"Guess who just came into my store"

Silas and Grace sat in the park under the shade of a tree by the river.
"This is heaven" Grace sighed contentedly as she lay on her back, looking up at the branches of the tree.
"When we first got married I never understood why you were so set on staying in this town but eventually when people started welcoming me I knew that you wanted to stay because this place felt like home. It was somewhere where you could just be yourself" he told her.
"People always say home isn't a place. I think it's a feeling and this town always had that feeling" she smiled.
"Agreed. Even with what happened between us the people around here still welcome me even if it is mildly hostile" he chuckled.
"Come on pass the croissants" Grace and Silas each took a bite of their croissants.
"This is amazing" Silas groaned. Grace pulled herself onto his lap, taking his croissant from him "What happened to lunch?"
"I want dessert" She smirked, taking out the chocolate cupcake they bought earlier. She bit into it, the treat hanging from her mouth as she leant in and kissed Silas, the treat passing between their lips. When they pulled apart Grace dipped her finger into the icing collecting it, she rubbed it across his lips and down his neck. She kissed him again, licking away the icing from his lips before she did the same to his neck.
"What if someone sees?"
"I know where the whole town is going to be today, and no one is coming past here" she smirked down at him.
"Is that why you bought the doughnut? For me to enjoy?" He smirked.
"I still remember you favorite treat"
"My favorite treat is you. Custard doughnuts are a close second" he smirked.
"Well, the faster I finish my cupcake, the faster you can eat your doughnut. Take your shirt off"
"Yes my darling" he smirked, slipping his shirt off as quickly as he could.
"Stay still my love" Grace smirked as she ran the cupcake down his torso.

Grace and Silas walked through the town slowly, taking their time.
"Do you think anyone knows?" Silas whispered making her laugh.
"Just don't make eye contact" She laughed holding his arm by his elbow.
"I think you might have some custard where they can see it" he joked.
"Don't joke, if my dad finds out he'll kill you and they'll never find your body" she warned.
"I'll just have to tell him that I'm making up for what I did by supplying his daughter with endless delirious, leg shaking orgasms" he whispered into the shell of his ear.
"Si! Don't say it too loud" Grace warned but laughed anyway. Silas's face dropped at the sight of something.
"Si? What is it?" Grace asked, following his gaze which landed on the one person she never wanted to see again. Ashley.