Chapter 35

Miles was stood in the kitchen making breakfast when Grace entered the kitchen.
"Morning. That look amazing, are you making some for everyone?" she asked as she looked into the pan before she poured herself a cup of coffee.
"Of course, I am. I can't cook in this house without someone stealing it or asking for some of it" he smiled as he plated her up a plate of pancakes.
"I knew you were my favourite" Grace smiled placing a kiss to her cheek before she took a seat at the counter.
"You say that to all of us" Miles shook his head at his mother, falling silent for a moment "Hey mom, can I ask you something?"
"Of course. As long as it's not about your dad or sex or cooking" She smiled jokingly.
"When did you know dad was the one? Is there anything like THE one?"
"Where's this coming from?" Grace asked her mouth full.
"I was thinking about you and dad, and I was just wondering if you had a moment where you knew you were going to marry dad and spend the rest of your life with him"
"Okay, what's this really about?" Grace asked as she put down her fork.
"I think Chloe's the one, but I don't know. I know you and dad didn't end well but, how did you know he was what you wanted?" Miles asked.
"Your father kept turning up at random times after that night his car broke down. Eventually he covered the ground outside your grandparent's house with tulips and he asked me to marry him even though I barely knew him, that was the moment I knew I wouldn't be able to love anyone else no matter how hard I tired" Grace smiled as she looked off into the distance remembering the day.
"But when did you know he was the one?"
"The first time he smirked at me" Grace smiled "And the first time he called me Gracie. I knew that I was never going to get rid of him, and now I'm stuck with him" Grace smiled.
"I think Chloes the one. I bought a ring and everything" Miles told her, handing her the ring box from his back pocket.
"If you sure she's the one I'll welcome her with open arms. I can't believe all my children are growing up" Grace smiled but she could feel her eyes welling with tears.
"Don't go all sappy" Miles rolled his eyes, putting the ring back into his pocket.
"Make it memorable, you can't propose on a whim, you have to plan it" she ordered.
"I know mom, I've got it all planned out, but you can't tell anyone" he ordered.
"Okay, okay. I promise" Grace smiled reaching across the counter to take his hand, she squeezed gently, smiling at him earning a smile and a squeeze back.

Poppy walked along the clothing rails and shelves looking at baby clothes with her friends.
"What about this one?" Kayla held up a onesie with 'mommy's girl' printed on it.
"I love it" Poppy smiled widely.
"What about this one?" Mia held up a onesie with 'Auntie's favourite' printed on it.
"Alex would love this one" Poppy smiled taking it from her.
"I meant for me and Kayla" Mia rolled her eyes jokingly.
"Well, it's perfect for all of the little avocado's aunties" Poppy smiled.
"Hey beautiful" Mason smiled as he entered the store and moved to her side, placing a kiss to her head.
"Hey, how was practice?" Poppy smiled.
"It was good" Mason smiled, running his hand along Poppys still small stomach before he answered his ringing phone "Sorry babe, I've got to get to work. I'll call you later" Mason smiled kissing her and her bump before he left.
"I swear I never see the two of you together anymore" Mia told her.
"Mia! Don't be rude!" Kayla scolded.
"Mason is earning money for our baby, even I do a shift at the movies every night. Every we do now is for the baby, we just haven't figured out yet how to fit school and work around seeing each other but, we will" Poppy smiled enthusiastically before she went back to searching the clothing rails.

Grace stood in her art studio, looking over her blank canvas deciding what to paint.
"Stuck?" Came Silas's voice from behind her.
"Always with the jumping out on me" Grace rolled her eyes.
"Sorry, I like watching you paint though" He admitted walking further into the room.
"Well your all out of luck today" She sighed looking over the blank canvas.
"I know something that might help" He smirked moving behind her as his hands snaked under the shirt she was wearing, making Grace fall into his touch.
"No. No. No. No" Grace repeated moving out into the kitchen.
"Why not? Come on Gracie" He encouraged, followed her around the kitchen counter.
"No this is a bad idea. You are forbidden" Grace argued continuing to walk away from him. Silas grabbed her by her hips turning her in his arms before he pushed her against the nearest wall.
"He isn't me" Silas breathed against her neck as he nibbled at the skin there before he moved his hands back under her shirt.
"We can't" she let out breathily.
"He can't make you feel the way I can, my darling" his hand slipped higher up her leg, finally slipping into her panties.
"He's not you, my love" she gasped as he grazed over her clit. She pulled him closer to her body, needing to drown herself in him.
"Mom!" Poppy gasped.
"Kids. Chris" Grace pushed Silas's hand away before she dropped her leg from his waist "Chris let me explain please" Grace pleaded moving towards him.
"Don't bother" Chris shot back.
"Chris please" Grace begged following after him as he headed towards the door "Please Christopher" Grace begged, her voice breaking as tears began to fall.
"I was ready to give you everything. I would've given you everything. But everytime I think we can have something you run right back to him. The two of you deserve each other. Goodbye Grace" he bit before he left the house slamming the door behind him. Grace stood there for a moment staring at the door before she walked back into the kitchen and took a seat at the kitchen table.
"You've won" Grace whispered.
"What?" Silas asked.
"You've won. I'm done. Love and romance are not for me. I give up" Grace shrugged. She headed upstairs silently, ignoring Miles and Poppy as they called her name "I want my vibrator back!" She called down to Silas before she slammed her bedroom door shut behind her, shutting everyone out.