Chapter 32

A few weeks later
Grace blinked her eyes open against the light of the new day before she rolled over in Chris's arms. He looked so peaceful, his mouth slightly open, his long eyelashes light in the sunlight as he snored lightly. 
"Chris. Wake up" Grace whispered, gently running her palm against his cheek. 
"I'm awake" he muttered before he blinked his eyes open to meet hers. 
"I'm hungry" she admitted. 
"Your always hungry" Chris groaned in fake annoyance before he pulled Grace on top of him earning a fit of giggles from her. 
"And how will you fix my insatiable appetite?" Grace challenged. 
"I can think of a few ways" Chris smirked before they brought their lips together. Their moment together however was short lived as the door to their bedroom flew open and Poppy and Miles rushed in. 
"Mom! Miles is refusing to make me breakfast!" Poppy grumbled loudly. 
"Poppy won't stop whining!" Miles grumbled back. 
"Do you think if we keep going, they'll take the hint and leave?" Grace whispered to Chris. 
"We can still hear you" Poppy shot back, folding her arms over her chest angrily. 
"I don't think so" Chris shook his head at Grace with a smile. 
"Miles make breakfast for your sister. And Poppy please stop whining, I carried six of you and I didn't whine this much" Grace smiled at her children who both sighed before they left the room, closing the door behind them. 
"Where were we?" Grace smirked down at Chris. 
"Right about...here" Chris smirked flipping them over so that he was on top, he connected their lips together, his hands snaking under her tank top. 
"Mom! Have you seen my jacket?" Alex called as they entered Grace's bedroom. 
"Does anyone in this house understand boundaries or knocking?" Chris sighed. 
"Apparently not" Grace agreed kissing him before she got out of bed following Alex out of the room. 

Grace stood in front of her easel, her paint palette in hand as she looked at the image of joined hands she had just painted. 
"It looks amazing" Silas's voice behind her startled her. 
"Jeez, you need to stop doing that" Grace laughed lightly.  
"Sorry. It does look amazing though" he smiled entering the room further to look at the painting. 
"I feel like its missing something" Grace thought looking over the painting, tapping her paintbrush against her cheek. 
"Maybe stop painting yourself" Silas laughed as he took the wet paintbrush from her "Here let me" he encouraged, picking up a cloth he took her face in his hand and began wiping away the paint. For a moment their eyes met, and it felt as if the room was tiny, almost pushing their bodies together telling them to do the very thing they might later regret and they were both seriously considering doing it, no matter the consequences. 
"I think...I think you got it" Grace muttered awkwardly, moving out of his grasp. 
"Is that my shirt?" he asked changing the subject. 
"It's the same shirt. I always wear your shirt to paint"
"No trousers" he commented moving towards her "You never wear anything undernea-" he began reaching for her thigh, but she moved away from him again. 
"Crossing the line" she warned, avoiding his eye. 
"Look at me Gracie" he begged, his voice pleading her making her heart swell with guilt. 
"You need to leave" she said as sternly as she could. 
"Look at me Gracie" he pleaded reaching out for her. This time Grace didn't move away as he reached for her, she let him touch her thighs, she let his hands wander upwards. She let out a gasp as he reached the juncture where her leg meets the rest of her body.  
"Gracie!?" Chris called as he entered the house, the front door slamming behind him. 
"Fuck" Grace cursed quietly, pushing Silas away, she went out to greet Chris. 
"Hey Gracie" Chris smiled, hugging her looking over her outfit "You look so good when you paint" he smirked, reaching under her shirt. 
"Hey, Silas is here" Grace warned, pushing his hands away. 
"Hey" Silas appeared in the kitchen "You should see the new painting" Silas smiled. 
"Will do. I got my toolkit out for you too it's just out here" Chris motioned towards the garden and Chris followed him out. 

Grace entered her store, spotting Simon and Rose at the counter. 
"Oh no, I know that look" Rose frowned dramatically. 
"He touched me" Grace groaned lying her head down on the counter. 
"Should I call the police?" Simon joked. 
"I just let him touch me. I wanted him to touch me" Grace muttered against the counter. 
"Why's that bad? Remind me" Simon asked, making Grace raise her head off the counter to glare at him. 
"He has a baby with his mistress. And I am with Chris who's an amazing guy that deserves love I don't think I can give him" Grace's eyes began to well with tears. 
"I'll get the door" Simon offered, moving quickly to change the sign to closed as Rose wrapped her arms tightly around Grace. 
"What do you want?" Rose asked her. 
"You can't ask me that" 
"Why not?"
"Because then I'll admit that I want him, and I can't do that" Grace admitted, finally letting her tears fall along with her confession. 

Miles and Chloe sat in their apartment above the supermarket during their break at work. 
"How long have we got until we have to get back?" Chloe asked, coming out of the kitchen with her lunch in her hand. 
"We've got enough time" Miles told her after quickly looking at his watch "Hey, can I ask you something?" 
"Sure" Chloe smiled, coming to sit next to him on the couch. 
"Do you ever think about us?"
"In what way?" 
"Like...us...together, In the future. Growing old together" he smiled shyly. 
"All the time. You're the man I want to grow old with. You're the man I want to have babies with" Chloe smiled brightly. 
"So, if one day I asked you to marry me, what would you say?" he asked nervously. 
"I would say yes. Because I love you more than everything" Chloe smiled before she brought her lips against his. 
"We need to get back to work before I get distracted" he joked, making her smile. 
"Yes husband" Chloe smiled brightly leading him out of their apartment.