Chapter 3

Grace rolled over in her bed, the smell of bacon and pancakes hitting her nose but it didn't smell like Miles's cooking. She looked at her alarm clock, her alarm had been cancelled and she was running late for work. She grabbed her robe and headed downstairs to the kitchen to investigate.
As she entered the kitchen she saw her children sat around the dinning room table as Silas moved around the kitchen in an apron cooking a breakfast feast.
"Good morning" she said suspiciously.
"Good morning, I've made pancakes, bacon, eggs and waffles" Silas smiled.
"Sounds great" Grace sat at the table looking over at her children, Miles mouthed 'Don't eat it'
"Come on eat up" Silas encouraged as he joined them at the table. Everyone slowly took a bite of the food, warery of the taste.
"Wow. This is great" Alex smiled brightly.
"When did you learn to cook?" Grace asked.
"After our divorce, I got good at cooking for myself" he explained, silencing the room.
"Well this is really good" Grace smiled at their children encouraging them to talk.
"I cook. I always cook" Miles grunted.
"I thought it would be nice to give you a break" Silas smiled kindly.
"Yeah come on Miles, it's delicious" Alex smiled, devouring everything on their plate.
"Whatever, I'm going to work" he muttered leaving the table.
"It is good" Archer muttered.

Miles tied his apron behind his back before he washed his hands.
"Hey Miles" Chloe smiled.
"Hey Chloe" he smiled.
"I heard your dad's back"
"Let me guess, Joan from the B and B told you?"
"Yeah. You know news spreads fast around here" she smiled watching as he began chopping "So?"
"So what?"
"How do you feel about it?"
"I hate him and I never want to see him again" he huffed.
"Put it into my perspective, I wish I could hug my dad, let alone see him. Can you imagine never seeing your dad again?"
"Sounds like heaven" he smiled moving to grab something off another counter.
"Come on" she pulled him to her, her arms wrapping themselves around his neck.
"Hey" he warned pulling her into the office "If someone sees us everyone will know by the end of the day" he reminded her.
"Sorry. But maybe this is your chance to clear the air and tell your parents about us" she suggested.
"I am never going to forgive my dad for what he did to mom and as for telling my parents about us...I'm just not ready" she sighed deeply, moving out of his arms.
"Your not the man of the house Miles. Your mom isn't going to self combust if you leave home and besides when we move into our apartment you'll only be 5 minutes away from home" she moved back to him, her arms going back around his neck "You need to understand that I love you and I'm not going anywhere and your mom is stronger than you think" she kissed him gently and gave him a reassuring smile before she headed back into the kitchen.

Grace pushed open the door to her store, smiling at the customers before she headed behind the counter.
"Oh my god, tell me everything" Rose smiled gleefully.
"There's nothing to tell" she shrugged, pulling on her apron.
"Of course there's is. Everyone in the town is talking about that smoking hot cheaters return"
"Seriously Rose. The asshole thinks the past few years are just going to disappear, like he's hasn't missed the kids growing up" she sighed.
"You didn't deny that he's smoking hot" she smirked.
"He's my ex-husband, I had five children with him. He was good enough for me to marry and sleep with" she served old Mrs Wright with a smile before moving away from the counter.
"Come on I need details. Why is he here? Do the kids like him?"
"I don't know why he's here but I'm sure it's because that young secretary of his kicked him out. And as for the kids Alex seems to be warming up to him, Archer too but Poppy is going to be the biggest obstacle" she told her as she stocked the shelf.
"Well maybe he's come back for a taste of what he's been missing" she smirked suggestively.
"Oh come on Rosie. I haven't thought about that stuff since...god knows when. Sex is the last thing on my mind, especially with my ex-husband" The two froze awkwardly seeing Mrs Green, who was the worst gossip in town, peering at them from over the shelves. Grace smiled kindly before walking back behind the counter.
"Come on. Not even once did it cross your mind how good sex felt once upon a time?" She questioned as Grace rolled her eyes.
"Not even once" she smiled, obviously lying.
"Oh come on. When the two of you were newlyweds no one could tear you away from each other or rather out of your bed" she smirked, falling silent as Mrs Green approached the counter.
"Sex is the best thing in the world. Other than make up sex" she smirked, giving Grace a wink before she left. As soon as she left the store, the door closed behind her, Grace and Rose let out stomach aching laughs.
"Mrs Green is a dark horse, always willing to suprise" Grace laughed.
"Yes she is. But the whole town will probably know about your deserted vagina by this afternoon" Rose laughed.
"Don't remind me" she groaned.

Mrs Green, Mrs Wright, Miss Stride, Mrs Palfrey and Miss Donnelly sat at the café in the centre of town, knitting like they did everyday at this time and this place.
"Did you hear about Molly? She took a tumble the other day and landed right in a puddle, bless her heart" Mrs Palfrey gushed over her granddaughter.
"She's gorgeous Gloria" Miss Donnelly agreed. 
"Do you know what I overheard in Grace's shop today?" Mrs Green smirked.
"It was atrocious to talk about such things in public, she and Rose should be ashamed of themselves" Mrs Wright grumbled.
"Now I have to know" Miss Stride smiled.
"Silas is back" Mrs Green announced.
"Silas? As in Grace's Silas the one that had an affair and left town?" Miss Donnelly gasped.
"That same one" Mrs Green smiled.
"Why has he come back now? They were devastated when he left" Miss Donnelly frowned.
"Maybe he wants to win her back. There was talk of make up sex" Mrs Green whispered.
"Now, now Lizzie. Your starting to live up to your name as town gossip" Miss Stride teased, erupting the table into laughter.

Silas was sat at the kitchen island as Grace entered the kitchen.
"Your still here?"
"Of course I am. Your not getting rid of me so quickly" he smirked.
"Aren't I lucky" she smiled sarcastically a she started searching through the fridge.
"I hear some news in town today" he smirked.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah. From Mrs Green" he smirked as Grace shut the fridge, keeping her back to him.
"Ok. What exactly did she say to you?" She asked finally facing him anxiously.
"She told me what a catch you are"
"Oh" she sighed with relief.
"She also said that there was some talk in your shop about make up sex" he smirked.
"Look there will be no make up sex. Rose started that conversation because she was thinking about how hot it would be, I told her that it was a no right away so there will be no make up sex" she rambled quickly.
"Are you sure? Because it would be pretty hot" he smirked, making Grace blush a deep shade of red.
"I'm 100% sure that I don't want make up sex" she folded her arms over her chest.
"Really?" He smirked. Grace huffed in annoyance before she stormed off to her painting room, leaving Silas smirking behind her.

Silas, Grace and their children sat at the dinner table eating the food that Miles had prepared for them.
"This is really good son, you've outdone yourself" Silas smiled.
"Don't talk to me" he shot back.
"Archer, Oliver how did your games go today? Weren't there supposed to be scouts coming?" Grace asked, changing the subject.
"The scout from Notre Dame is excited about my chances, he think I can have a full ride" Oliver gave a small smile.
"Wow! Congratulations Ollie" Grace smiled squeezing her son's hand across the table "What about you Archer?" She asked.
"I was offered a full scholarship to the university of Georgia" he smiled.
"Wow! I'm so proud of you both. Both of my son's are off to university with scholarships, I can't wait to tell everyone"  Grace beamed with pride.
"Wow. I'm proud of you both. Congratulations" Silas smiled at his twins.
"Thanks dad" Oliver half smiled.
"Thanks" Archer offered a small smile.