Chapter 36

Two months later

Silas had kept his word and had stayed away from Grace. The only time he came even close was when he left her vibrator in a box on her porch. He didn't dare knock the door or even sneak inside to watch her paint. Every day it physically hurt for him to be away from her but, he knew that if he went back to her, it would hurt her just as much as he was hurting now. 

Grace stood at the counter in her store, looking through the orders for the following weeks when her phone rang on the counter beside her. 
"Hello? Yes, I'm his daughter, why? What's happened?" Grace said quickly, feeling her heart beginning to pound in her chest as she waited to hear what had happened to her father.
"Grace? What is it, you're as pale as a sheet" Rose commented as Grace dropped the phone back onto the countertop. 
"It's my dad. I have to go, keep an eye on the store" Grace muttered still in a trance before she untied her apron and grabbed her stuff, running out of the store and over to her car, ignoring as people watched her as she ran. 
Grace drove to the hospital as fast as she could, speeding through the streets as she hurdled closer to her father. She raced along the hallways eventually finding the ICU and her mother staring through some glass at an old man lying in a bed, pale as a sheet, tubes and wires coming out of him. 
"Is that him?" Grace asked her mother, her eyes never once leaving her father. 
"Yes" Margaret sniffed. 
"He looks so pale. And so small" Grace muttered, moving closer to the glass. 
"He had a heart attack. He's stable...for now at least. They don't know if he'll make it through" Margaret told her, tears rolling down her cheeks as she did. 
"He can't die. Not yet, he can't" Grace begun to cry, tears falling from her own cheeks as her mother pulled her into a tight hug. The two of them drowning in their sorrows together. 

Grace didn't get home that night until dark, but all of her children had waited up for her in the living room, except for Alex who had fallen asleep with their head on Poppy's lap. 
"Mom, how is he?" Miles asked first, rushing to her side as she entered the house. 
"He's sick. It was a heart attack" she told them as she walked through the house like a ghost. 
"He's going to get better though, right?" Alex asked in their small child like voice. 
"He might not" Grace muttered as she fell into one of the dining room chairs, her whole body suddenly feeling very heavy. 
"Grandpa's strong" Alex countered as bravely as they could muster. 
"He had a heart attack" Miles told them. None of them noticed as Grace's breathing became heavier. 
"He can't die!" Alex argued, raising their voice to their brother. 
"Mom? Mom, what is it? What's wrong?" Poppy asked, seeing her mother taking panting breaths. 
"I need-...I need...Silas...I need- Silas" Grace panted out through shallow breaths as she tried to catch her breath and calm her racing mind and heart. 
"Mom, we can't call him" Miles tried to remind her but Grace didn't want to listen to him. She needed Silas. She needed him to comfort her. 
"I need him. I need Silas!" Grace told them as she felt her chest tighten even more as she desperately tried to catch her breath. 
Silas raced into the house minutes later finding Grace still sat at the dining room table, still trying to catch her breath. 
"I'm here Gracie. I'm here" Silas comforted her, eventually making her breaths slow to their usual rate "Go to bed, all of you" Silas ordered the kids. None of them moved, instead they all just casted a glance at their mother, not wanting to leave her just yet. 
"Go to bed" Grace nodded "I love you all" she smiled weakly, watching as each kid headed off upstairs to their rooms. They remained in silence listening as their children's feet became quieter, eventually followed by the sound of closing doors. 
"I need you" Grace told him. 
"I'm right here" he assured her, moving to kneel at her feet, taking her hands in his. 
"No. I want more, I need more" she pleaded moving her hands to the sides of his head pulling his lips towards her own. 
"No Gracie, you don't want me" Silas reminded her, pushing her hands away from him. 
"I don't want you. I need you. Just for tonight. I need to feel safe" she told him, taking his hand again she pulled him upstairs and eventually inside her bedroom. Silas closed the door behind him and waited as Grace ran a hand down the side of his face before it moved to trace his shirt buttons before it moved lower again, moving along his belt buckle. 
"Tell me what you need Gracie" Silas whispered as he pulled the buttons on her shirt undone.
"I need you to fuck me" she shuddered as his hands touched the skin of her shoulders as he pulled her shirt all the way off. 
"I'm not going to fuck you. I'm going to make love you. Slowly. I'm going to touch every part of your body and make you forget everything" he told her making her shiver again. Silas moved her hands to the buttons on his own shirt, letting her hands go as they moved from button to button slowly undoing his shirt before she pushed it off his shoulders completely. Silas stepped closer towards her reaching behind her to undo her bra, he raked his nails gently down her arms letting the garment fall to the floor. His hand skimmed over her torso as he reached for the button on her jeans, undoing them before he pushed them down her legs. He dropped to his knees pulling off her shoes before he pulled them off. Grace reached for his chin, taking it in her hand making him look at her. Silas rose back to his full height, moving to pull Grace closer but her hands tugging at his belt stopped him. She pulled it lose pushing his jeans to the floor so that he could kick them off along with his shoes. He took her by the hips, bringing their lips together slowly as he backed her up towards the bed. Grace fell to the bed leaving Silas staring down at her "So beautiful" he muttered dropping to his knees again, he picked up her foot, running his hand from her toes to her ankle, listening as her breath hitched as he continued to move higher. He locked eyes with her as he reached her hips, forcing her eyes on his as he looped his fingers around the waistband of her panties before he pulled them down and off slowly. He placed a kiss to her left knee before he ran his lips up higher gently biting at her skin as he moved. Grace put her leg on Silas's shoulder trying to push him to where she needed him the most.
"Tell me, my darling. What do you want me to do to you?" He asked rubbing his short stubble against the inside of her thigh.
"I want you to taste me until I cum, and then I want you to taste me again and again until I can't take anymore" she told him.
"I can do that" Silas smirked against her thigh.
"I'm not finished yet" she smirked "Then I want to ride you until we cum together" She told him.
"Gladly my darling" Silas smirked before he bit at her hard enough to leave a mark earning a gasp from her before he dove between her legs pushing his tongue into her already wet core. Grace's back arched off the bed as he slipped two fingers in beside his tongue.
"God damn!" Grace moaned, pushing his head closer to her body letting his tongue push deeper inside of her. Silas hummed as she moaned, vibrating his tongue against her clit, pushing her closer to the edge. He sucked her clit pushing his fingers against her walls before she finally fell over the edge with his name on her lips. Silas stood with his feet on the floor, watching as Grace panted, her chest rising and falling rapidly until it eventually slowed. When she finally opened her eyes, she raked her eyes down from his, down his naked torso eventually landing on his hard length. 
"I want to die doing this" Grace sighed contentedly earning a smirk from Silas. 
"Are you ready My Darling?" Silas asked as he moved back over her, covering her body with his. 
"I believe I said I wanted to ride you until we came together. Get on your back My Love" Grace ordered pushing him down on to his back before she moved to rest on her knees hovering over his length. 
"I'm ready Darling" he told her, watching as she stayed above him, the anticipation of her on top of him making him even harder. 
"Beg me" she ordered. 
"Please fuck me before I cum just from looking at you my darling" he groaned his hands going to her hips pulling her down roughly on top of him erupting groans from both of them. 
"Fuck me" Grace groaned gripping the headboard.
"Gladly my darling" Silas smirked before he helped her move above him, thrusting up as she thrusted downwards. 
"Don't stop" Grace moaned. 
"Never" Silas smirked thrusting harder. 
"Fuck me harder" Grace moaned, gasping in surprise as Silas flipped them, driving himself deeper inside of her "Don't- ever- stop" Grace ordered in time with his thrusts not noticing or caring as Silas smirked above her as he felt her nearing the edge. 
"Scream my name My Darling" Silas whispered into the shell of her ear sending a shiver down her spine as she came around him spasming, pushing Silas over the edge along with her with each other's names on their lips. 
When Grace had finally caught her breath, she rolled onto her side to face Silas. 
"He's dying. He had a heart attack, and he was put on life support" Grace told him. 
"I know" He murmured "Miles told me when he called" Silas explained. 
"I don't want to lose him. I don't want to lose you" Grace told him, her eyes welling with tears. 
"You won't. I'm not going to leave you Gracie, I promise" Silas assured her, wiping away a stray tear before he pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her protectively before they both fell into a soundless sleep.