Chapter 19

Grace's head was pounding as her eyes adjusted to the light of the morning. Rose was asleep next to her, her mouth open, her hair a mess.
"God I'm too old to be getting drunk" Grace groaned. She hauled herself out of bed, heading to the bathroom in search of aspirin or anything that would make her head stop pounding. She took the pills, before splashing her face off with water. She headed back into the bedroom, a glass of water and more aspirin in her hands for Rose.
"Rose hunny, wake up and take this. It'll help with the hangover" Grace groaned at the pounding in her own head.
"I'm never drinking with you again" Rose groaned into the pillow.
"Remind me to never sleep with my ex-husband ever again then" Grace shot back with another groan, falling back onto the bed next to her friend.

When Grace and Rose finally emerged from the bedroom it was mid day and the kids were gathered at the table eating lunch.
"Mom? Are you hungover?" Poppy asked.
"I'm extremely hungover" Grace groaned as she sat at the table, resting her head on the cool surface.
"Me too" Rose groaned as she joined Grace at the table, her head resting on the surface.
"Here eat these" Miles smiled, placing two plates of pancakes in front of them.
"I knew there was a reason I had children" Grace joked digging into the plate.
"I don't know why you had kids with Silas" Miles agreed joining them at the table.
"Oh my god!" Rose exclaimed making them all jump "Silas knocked up Ashley!"
"I told you that last night, that's why we got drunk" Grace reminded her.
"The alcohol confused me, I thought I dreamt it" Rose shrugged.
"Now I understand why you two don't drink" Miles smiled.
"Or sleep with ex-husbands" Rose joked earning a glare from Grace "Sorry" she shrugged.
"I'm never touching alcohol or Silas ever again" Grace groaned.
"Yeah right. Even when he cheated on you, you still got back into bed with him. Probably because the sex was so good-"
"Ewww" the kids around the table groaned and dropped their forks.
"Seriously Rose I think my kids are scarred enough without your input" Grace groaned.
"Morning, Gracie" Came Silas's voice from behind her.
"I think I'm still drunk because I swear I just heard Silas's voice" Grace said.
"Gracie can we talk, please?" Silas asked.
"I don't trust myself with you. You can talk to me here or not at all" Grace ordered.
"I wasn't trying to have a baby with Ashley" Silas frowned.
"We didn't try for any of ours, it didn't prevent you from knocking me up" she shot back.
"Your the mother of my children-"
"Not any more. You did the deed now live with the consequences" she shot back.
"I don't want her"
"Well you have her!" Grace yelled, rising from her chair before she groaned in pain "Go and be a dad to this kid. I told you last night I'm not going to be the reason that your not there for this one"
"I didn't want this one! I want you Gracie" He shouted moving towards her.
"Don't" she ordered turning away from him.
"Gracie. I want you. Only you"
"Then why did you cheat the first time. I can't do this Si, I can't be your second choice the one you can drop any time you like not when I'm still..." Grace cut herself off with a groan of annoyance.
"I lo-"
"Don't you dare!" She bit back "You have no right to do that to me especially not in front of our kids"
"I wanted to talk in private-"
"So you could come on to me and flash the smirk you know I can't say no to. No thank you"
"You never said no"
"Really?" She scoffed "Go raise your baby, you coward" She bit.
"How am I a coward?" He asked, moving to stand in front of her "You called me your love. You instigated sex too. You even told me that you loved me, right at this table" he reminded her and Grace looked away from him in guilt "Or have you already forgotten?"
"I haven't forgotten anything. Ask Miles what happened when you left, ask him about everything I bear on my shoulders everyday. Then ask Dr Samson about the courage it took me to get out of bed everyday thinking about Maddie and how I could've just lay there and let you take what you needed from me" She bit, barging her shoulder as she moved away, he caught her by her wrist pulling her back to him.
"That's not how we work. If I'm going to fuck you, you are going to enjoy it. That's why a fucked Ashley because I needed something and I didn't want to hurt you. It was only supposed to be once" Grace swung, her hand slapping his cheek, his hands dropping from her waist.
"Fuck you" She bit, storming off to her bedroom. Silas rubbed the spot on his cheek, turning to face Miles.
"What happened when I left?" He asked.
"She fell into a depression, she wouldn't shower, wouldn't eat. I convinced her to shower one day, I went to work but I had left my phone at home. When I went back to get it mom was standing in front of the bathroom mirror with a razor blade in her hand, the cut was-"
"Where her leg meets her torso" Silas gasped in realization.
"The doc gave her pills, she refused to take them most of the time. She's taking them again" Miles admitted.
"You did that to mom" Alex frowned deeply.
"I never knew" Silas muttered, his eyes welling with tears.
"Me, the doc and Rose knew. No one else" Miles told them.
"God. I'm an idiot" Silas muttered, a tear rolling down his cheek. He starting moving towards the stairs but Miles stopped him.
"Don't. She has been pushed enough. Just leave her alone. Please" Miles begged. Silas thought for a moment, still debating whether or not to go to her before he turned and left the house.
"I should live with you guys the drama is better than TV" Rose joked.
"Who's Maddie?" Alex asked.
"The baby mom lost. Dad says it's the reason why he cheated" Miles told them as he fell into one of the chairs at the table.