Chapter 38

The next few months flew past quickly. Grace was by Poppy's side, along with Mason, when she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl they named Daisy. Archer and Oliver were doing well at college and even better at their sports. Miles and Chloe had settled into their apartment and Miles was learning to let his mother make her own choices. And Grace and Silas's relationship was flourishing as if they were teenagers in love once again. Ashley was nowhere to be seen and neither was Max. Robert was recovering from his heart attack at home with his wife by his side.

Grace nuzzled her pillow as she began waking up. The sun shone through the windows where the curtains had been pulled open.
"Good morning" Silas's gruff morning voice sent a good chill up her spine.
"Good morning to you" Grace smiled as she rolled onto her back seeing him standing in the doorway with a breakfast tray in his hands "That better be for me" she smiled.
"Of course" He crossed the room, lying the tray on her lap before he sat onto the bed next to her.
"Thank you" she smiled widely before she started eating the pancakes "Pancakes will always be the way to my heart" she murmured contently, her mouth full.
"There are plenty more where they came from" he smiled at her antics, loving every second of it. He placed a tender kiss to the shoulder "What time do you have to go in? Do you have to go at all?"
"We have a delivery, I have to go. But, I can come straight back. It shouldn't take more than an hour, maybe two if Rose starts talking"
"Which she most likely will" he sighed in defeat, falling onto his back.
"I promise I won't be more than two hours, you can last that long"
"I can't. I'll go crazy" he groaned. Grace smirked to herself, moving the breakfast tray to the floor.
"We'll, we can't have that now, can we?" She smirked, moving her body over his so that she was straddling him.
"How long do I have to worship you?" He muttered against her neck.
"About 30 minutes. Is that long enough for you?" She let out a lazy sigh as his nails raked over her back under her t-shirt.
"I will make sure that it's long enough" the words pressed against the skin of her neck as his hands moved under her breasts.
"This doesn't feel quick" she smirked against his neck as she began rocking herself over him.
"This will be over too quick if you don't stop that" he warned, his hands on her hips the only thing that stopped her.
"So hurry up" she ordered, pulling his shirt off over his head. Silas rolled her onto her back, pulling off her shorts before he pulled off his.
"Retire" he murmured against her chest, his lips moving lower with each kiss.
"What?"
"Retire. Let Rose run the store with someone else, we can do this every morning" he encouraged, his fingers moving to circle her clit, confusing her thoughts.
"I can't" she groaned as he slipped a finger inside of her.
"Gracie. Retire"
"No. I like working" her voice betrayed her by shaking
"I like this more" he groaned, sinking his teeth into the skin of her covered breast. He pushed up her t-shirt with one hand whilst the other continued to move inside of her.
"We'll talk...later" she managed to get out through moans.
"Tell me what you want Gracie" he ordered, pushing another finger inside of her.
"You. Only you"

After physically pulling herself away from Silas, Grace got dressed and left the house quickly so that he didn't temp her into wasting another hour wrapped up in his arms. Grace headed along main street towards her store but, she froze in her tracks as she came face to face with the last person she wanted to see. Ashley.
"Grace"
"Ashley. Your back"
"I've bought a house here. Max likes it here and so do I" she explained. Grace fought back her question which only angered Ashley "Just ask me what you want" she bit.
"What happened with Max's father?"
"Turns out, I was just a bit of fun. He wants nothing to do with either of us. I'm sure your glad about that"
"I feel sorry for you Ashley, for Max-"
"Then why did you get back into bed with Silas?"
"I love him" Grace told her, silencing them both "I hate that I hurt you, but I loved Silas. I have since the day that I met him and I think that our marriage died with Maddie. But, our love didn't die with her"
"And I cheated on him and got myself knocked up" Ashley sighed at herself.
"He slept with you because we lost our baby girl and I couldn't bare to have him touch me again. Our relationship has always been very physical, so when it all stopped he didn't wait for me to be ready. He went to you because you because he couldn't have me, ruining two lives instead of one. You were a pawn in an unfair game, who's rules you didn't know"
"How do you know your not playing the same game?"
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"How do you know that now is not just your physical relationship taking over rather than your feelings?" Grace stayed silent, thinking over the question "Think about it Grace" Ashley went to leave but Grace stopped her.
"If Max had been his, Elias would've loved him more than life. He is a good father"
"I don't doubt that" Ashley frowned deeply "I'm sorry I took him from you. But, please, think about what I've said"
"I will" Grace nodded "Max is beautiful" she smiled.
"Thank you" Ashely smiled before she headed off down the street, pushing the stroller along. Grace watched her go for a moment before she continued up the street and into her store.
"I need a favour"
"Anything" Rose smiled widely.