Chapter 22

Grace and Rose leant on the counter of her shop.
"I had a sex dream about Silas" Grace told her out of nowhere. Rose looked at her in shock.
"You really don't know how to start a conversation do you?"
"Seriously Rose I need help here. First I let him talk me into phone sex then we screw in the middle of town and now I'm having sex dreams"
"When did you screw in the middle of town?" Rose asked earning a glare "Right. Beside the point, please continue"
"I need to get laid or find someone to date"
"Why don't you just keep sleeping with Silas?"
"Because I won't be the other woman. Now give me a real, viable option"
"Erm...Silas" Rose thought for a moment before saying his name.
"Seriously Rose" Grace groaned.
"No. Silas" Rose grabbed her head and turned it towards the door.
"What do you want?" Grace shot.
"To talk. Please Gracie" he begged.
"I'll be back in 5. If not drag me back" Grace ordered Rose before she marched out of the store with Silas following after her. Grace took a seat on a bench down the street and Silas joined her.
"So, talk" she ordered.
"You were right about Ashley and the baby. I want to be there for her" he told her and Grace stood about to leave "Wait, please, let me finish" he begged and she sat back down "I want to make everything right with you because I'll always love you Gracie, but as long as Ashley walks the earth you'll always hold it over me. I can wish and pray that everything can just go back to how it was before I messed everything up but it can't. The sex is mind-blowing and we laugh and joke like we did back then but it's not the same with her here and I don't think it can be again" he explained.
"I understand" Grace nodded.
"I still want to see the kids. Ashley and I are going to move into town" he explained.
"What about your work?"
"I'm retiring. I'm old, it's time for something new"
"Okay then. Goodbye Si" Grace said finally, rising from her seat again.
"I love you Gracie. Always will"
"You made your choice. Let me go" she told him, giving him a weak smile before she left.
Grace walked back into her store and fell to the ground, her knees giving out under her.
"Grace what happened?" Rose asked rushing to her side.
"He made his choice and it wasn't me" Grace told her. Rose pulled her into her arms, Grace's head resting on her shoulder as she waited for tears that refused to fall.

Chloe and Miles lay naked in their bed in their apartment above the market.
"So what's going on with your mom and dad lately?" Chloe asked as she looked up from her hand that was playing with his chest hair.
"Mom's sworn off dad since Ashley turned up knocked up" Miles explained.
"I heard Mrs Green talking about the two of them, apparently they looked like the perfect couple when they were strolling through town when Ashley turned up and ruined everything" Chloe told him.
"Mom's taking her meds again and it seems like she's moving on so I'm out" he shrugged.
"The other day at the flower show your dad dragged your mom away from everyone. The side street they were in, I saw them together and it didn't look like they were moving on" Chloe told him.
"I don't want to know. Her business is her business. I'm done. Your all that matters now" he told her, pulling her tighter against his chest.
"You won't stop looking out for her"
"I know. But I have to let her make mistakes sometimes even if that means she'll get hurt" he told her earning a smile from Chloe.
"Good. Now, when are you actually going to move into your apartment?" She smiled.
"Soon I promise" he smiled.

Poppy lay on her back on her bed with Mason next to her, his hand roaming around under her shirt as they made out.
"Where's your mom?" Mason asked.
"She's at work" she kissed him again.
"What about your brothers and Alex?" He asked.
"They're out. Stop worrying" she smiled, kissing him again.
"I'm just checking. I don't want to get all worked up to be kicked out by your mom again" he smirked as he took off his shirt.
"Just hurry up and she won't know" Poppy smirked, helping him to pull off her own shirt. Mason reached for her jeans, pulling them off messily before he reached for his own.
"Your beautiful" Mason smiled, pulling her bra from her body before he covered her chest with his lips. He reached for her panties, pulling them off before he stood and removed his boxers. He rejoined her on the bed, kissing her slowly, touching her, surrounding her with himself. He buried himself inside of her without a second thought without taking his lips off hers.
"What about a condom?" She managed to ask.
"Too late. I'll pull out" he said quickly, moving his hips against hers. Mason moved quickly and soon the two of them were cumming together but, Mason remained buried inside of her. After he had caught his breath, mason pulled out and pulled his boxers back on.
"Sorry. You probably want to shower, I'll go" he pulled on the rest of his clothes and placed a kiss to the top of Poppy's head before he left.

Grace and Rose stayed in the shop till late, drinking and eating pizza after closing. They finally stumbled out of the store and into the street, spotting Silas's car parked down the street outside of the bar, giving Grace a wicked idea. Grace took out her keys and scraped them along the side of the car as Rose watched in shock.
"Oh my god!" Rose gasped.
Grace smashed both of his headlights and slashed his tires, watching with glee as the car fell at the release of the air from the tyres.
People began to filter out of the restaurant and headed into the street at the sound of the commotion. Silas, Simon and Ashley stood in shock as he watched her and her wide smirk standing by her newest art work. She gave him one last smirk before she turned away from him to walk back up the street, her key running along the other side of the car. Grace wrapped her arm around Rose and the two of them walked away smirking and tipsy.
"You shouldn't have cheated on her" Simon laughed before he headed back into the restaurant.