Chapter 27

Grace walked through town holding onto Chris's arm in the cool soon to be winter air.
"Thank you for meeting me. I needed a good walk to clear my head"
"I'm glad I could be of assistance" he smiled "Why did you need to clear your head? If you don't mind me asking"
"My daughter Poppy is pregnant. It was a big shock and Silas wasn't too happy" she sighed.
"How do you feel about it?"
"I just want her to be happy and she's happy to be having this baby"
"Sounds like you have everything all figured out" he smiled.
"Not even in the slightest" she laughed "But, we'll figure it out, we always do" she smiled. Chris stopped walking and took Grace by her waist.
"Can I kiss you?"
"You don't have to ask" she smiled, allowing herself to be pulled into his chest.
"Gracie" Came Silas's smiling voice from further down the street.
"Fuck me" Grace muttered under her breath.
"This must be the famous Chris I've heard so much about" Silas smiled shaking his hand "I'm Silas, Gracie's husband and the father of her children"
"Ex-husband" Grace reminded him.
"Grace has told me a lot about you" Chris told him.
"Really? I haven't heard much about you" Silas smiled back.
"We should be going, shouldn't you be getting back to your pregnant mistress?" Grace shot before she practically dragged Chris away by his arm.

Silas entered the quiet house, searching around for Gracie. He headed upstairs, hearing the sound of running water being switched off as he reached her bedroom. He peered through the gap in the open bathroom door watching as Grace lay in a bubble bath, her hair tied up messily as she relaxed in the warm water.
"Are you hot?" he asked, the sound of his voice startled Grace.
"Jesus Silas, don't you knock?" she bit in anger.
"Only when I want to see you clothed" he smiled, sitting on the floor next to the tub.
"So...never"
"Correct" he smiled "Where are the kids tonight?"
"They're having a siblings night at the movies. I thought I told you?"
"No. But I don't mind" he smirked.
"Not telling you was an accident, it wasn't done on purpose"
"Sure it was" He smirked leaning over the side of the tub, looking over the parts of her body that weren't covered by the soapy bubbles. Silas slipped off his wedding ring and dropped it into the tub, giving Grace a wild smirk "Oops. I dropped my ring" he smirked, his hand skimming along the water as he found her leg. Grace smirked as his hand moved up her leg and along her thigh until he eventually found her center. She let out a shuddering breath as he slipped a finger inside of her "I still can't find it, sorry" he joked.
"Keep looking, you'll find it" Grace smirked as her head leant back against the rim of the tub.
"I think I found something" he smirked pushing against her harder, pulling her leg up to rest on the rim of the tub. Silas's phone rang out ruining their moment together.
"Fuck me" Silas's groaned.
"Gladly. Just don't answer it" Grace smirked. Silas slipped his hand from inside of her, he kicked off his clothes quickly and jumped into the bath erupting a fit of giggles from Grace "I meant outside of the tub" she giggled loudly, ignoring the flood of water that now covered the floor.
Silas's phone continued to ring in the bedroom as he moved above her, erupting fits of giggles from her.
"Take me to bed, my love" Grace ordered.
"I thought this was an accident" He smirked, leaning over her to kiss her neck.
"It was, but I might as well get something out of it" she smirked back.
"My darling your going to be the death of me" Silas smirked pulling her out of the tub with him.

Grace and Silas's children stood in line outside of the movie theater waiting to get in.
"So your really going to keep this baby?" Archer asked his little sister.
"For the love of god. I'm keeping this baby" Poppy shot back angrily.
"Calm down I was just asking" Archer murmured shoving his hands into his pockets.
"Do you think mom and dad are going to get back together?" Alex asked, their voice sounding childlike.
"Alex it's...complicated between the two of them" Miles told them.
"That's an understatement" Poppy scoffed.
"They love each other because of their history together but with Ashley it's even more complicated" Miles explained.
"Yeah because she's a psycho bitch" Poppy bit.
"Mom's happy when she's with dad" Alex said in their childlike tone.
"She's happy with Chris too" Miles reminded her as they finally reached the ticket booth.

"God I forgot how good we were at this" Silas smirked as he traced patterns lazily along Grace's arm.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"Are you jealous of Chris?"
"Of course I am. He gets to walk around town with you on his arm and he gets to call you his and all I get is reluctant sex" he frowned.
"Leave Ashley" she said quickly without thinking, Silas's hand freezing against her arm.
"You know she won't let me go no matter how badly I want to be with you"
"Then I need you to let me go" she told him, sitting up to meet his eye "I can't keep doing this Si. I love you more than anything, I always will, but I can't keep doing this" she frowned deeply. Silas sighed deeply, looking over Grace before he slowly pulled away the blanket covering her chest.
"Silas. Stop" she groaned but he pulled away the cover completely.
"This body carried my children. I've seen you covered in vomit, food, sweat and blood. I've seen you happy, I've seen you cry, I've seen you broken. I can't just let you go. I can't put into words how my chest tightens thinking about you sad or with someone else, the thought kills me. When I first met you, I knew that you were going to be the only one for me, I can't love anyone else, I refuse to. Your the love of my life Gracie. Even if I have to take what I can get just to keep me sane and functioning every day" he admitted.
"That's not fair to me. I need someone who can love me, not someone who just tells me they do" Grace got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom, closing the door behind her, leaving Silas lying in her bed regretful. Grace slid the lock shut and slid down the door, pulling her knees up to her chest.

Grace rolled onto her back on her back in her bed, as she waited for sleep that wouldn't come. She listened as the front door opened and then closed, followed by sounds of footsteps through the house and upstairs growing closer to her bedroom. The bedroom door opened, bathing the room in light before the bed dipped next to her and Alex climbed in next to their mother. Grace wrapped her arm around her child, pulling Alex close to her chest as Poppy entered the room and climbed into bed the other side of Grace.
"I love you mom" Alex whispered as Grace wrapped her free arm around Poppy.
"I love you" Grace muttered back as Archer, Oliver and Miles entered the room, sitting on the bed where they could "I love you all" she muttered, holding her children close.
"What's going to happen?" Alex asked in their childlike tone. Grace shifted to sit up slightly against the headboard.
"I don't know. Life is really complicated, I wish it wasn't but it is" Grace sighed "All I want is to be happy, whever that means I'll be alone or I have your dad or I have Chris. I just hope your dad makes a decision before I loose someone that could make me happy. Because I know I'm not strong enough to let go of your dad by myself" Grace admitted.
"Whatever happens, you've always got us" Poopy assured her, holding onto her mother tighter.
"That's all I need" Grace smiled, wiping away a stray tear before she pulled Alex and Poppy to her tightly, smiling at her boys.