Chapter 2

Grace pushed open her front door and entered her house.
"Kids! I'm home!" She called out, throwing her keys and bag down, she continued through the house. Silas was sat at the island a wide smirk on his face as Grace made her way towards him. As she entered the kitchen she saw her children resting against the counters, glaring at their father.
"Care to explain mom?" Miles asked, his arms folded over his chest.
"Listen kids, your father wants to get to know you-"
"He missed five years the asshole can't make up for that" Poppy bit back before storming out of the room.
"He didn't use the correct pronouns" Alex groaned before leaving the room.
"I've got to get back to work" Miles walked away.
"Give me a lift to the courts, will you?" Archer asked.
"Me too" Oliver joined, leaving Silas and Grace sat in the kitchen alone.
"I told you they wouldn't want to speak and frankly I don't blame them" Grace sighed going to the fridge.
"I wanted to try, I did, but I had already hurt you all enough" Silas watched as she took out a pitcher of lemonade and poured them both a glass.
"You hurt us more than words can describe, but that doesn't mean you should've kept away from your children. They needed you, I-..." She cut herself off.
"You needed no one"
"I was with you for 14 years, the majority of my adult life I spent with you and then you were gone without a second thought" she sighed angrily.
"You were always on my mind"
"Even when you were in her arms?" She questioned, he looked guilt "The whole town knows what you did, to me, to the kids. I'll be surprised if anyone around here is courteous to you"
"I don't deserve courtesy"
"Good. Because you won't have any. Make sure you stay away from my father too. I'm pretty sure he has multiple weapons with your name on them" she warned heading off into the house as he laughed.
"Your joking right?" He called after her.
"Nope" she shouted back.

The three of them sat on the kerb by their local playground.
"I hate him" Poppy bit angrily.
"He didn't even know I was non binary" Alex added.
"He's an asshole" Archer joined in.
"He's a douche bag" Oliver added.
"You guys were too young to remember what mom went through" Miles said, making their heads snap towards him "She cried. A lot. She did it late at night where she thought we wouldn't see, I would sit with her until she fell asleep or she stopped crying. I started cooking to cheer her up and it did a bit" he told them.
"I don't remember any of that" Poppy thought back.
"You were all too young to remember" Miles repeated "The divorce hurt her a lot. Dad ran like a coward. I'm not going to forgive him anytime soon and you all shouldn't either" he told them.
"Don't worry about that one" Poppy agreed.
"He literally picked me up and said 'Hey princess' like I'm 10" Alex groaned. The rest of them burst out laughing "Oh come on. It's not funny" Alex groaned.
"It's hilarious" Archer laughed.
"My gender identity is like my whole personality" Alex groaned.
"Stop it hurts" Poppy laughed, falling onto her back.

Silas wandered around the house looking at all of the kids rooms upstairs before he found Grace's room. He sat on the bed and looked into the bedside drawer, finding her bright pink vibrator. He smirked, grabbing it, he headed downstairs in search of Grace. He pushed open one of the doors finding her sat on the wooden floor, her greying brown hair tied behind her with black ribbon as she painted a portrait of a woman. The room was stocked with painting supplies, used and unused canvases, it was her perfect little studio. Grace put her palette down and turned to grab more paint but she stopped as she saw Silas.
"How long have you been standing there?"
"Not long. You look beautiful" he smiled.
"I'd better call the kids back, they'll want dinner soon and Miles usually cooks" She stood up and left the room, brushing past him as she left.

All five kids came home together and slowly walked through the house, coming face to face with Grace in the hallway.
"Be nice. If you can't, be civil, at least. Please" she begged.
"I want that Nintendo switch for my birthday" Alex folded their arms over their chest.
"Fine" Grace groaned.
"I want a new jersey" Oliver joined in.
"Me too" Archer added.
"I need more wax for my surfboards" Poppy shrugged.
"Miles?"
"I'm good. I'm going to start on dinner" he walked off into the kitchen.
"Why can't you all be like your brother?" She sighed in relief.
"And pretend to be happy with dad, no chance" Poppy smiled sarcastically before heading into the kitchen. Grace rolled her eyes and followed the rest of her children into the kitchen.
They all say down around the dinning room table, the silence piercing through the room.
"So...how's school?" Silas asked.
"Fine" Archer muttered before the room fell silent again, other than the sounds of cutlery hitting plates. Grace threw down her cutlery in anger and annoyance.
"Miles is a chef. Archer has scouts coming to his basketball games. Oliver has the same with his football. Poppy has won awards for her surfing and Alex is non binary, they made the school start an LGBTQ club to support other kids like them. Our kids are amazing" Grace told him before counting her meal.
"Wow. I have missed a lot" Silas commented before all of the kids left the table, taking their unfinished dinners upstairs.
"You sure know how to clear a room" Grace joked.
"When will they like me?" He sighed.
"When you start acting like their father again" Grace stood from the table disappearing from the room, leaving her plate where it was.

Flashback:
Grace stood in the kitchen cleaning up the reminder of the kids breakfast. She listened as the front door opened and closed and footsteps approached her.
"I'm in here Rose!" She called.
"God your beautiful" a deep voice vibrated through her, making her knees go weak.
"Silas! Your home!" Grace crossed the room and jumped into her husband's arms.
"Careful you'll squash your flowers" he smiled.
"Sorry. I'm just so happy to see you" She smiled down at him, kissing him.
"I told rose not to come" he smirked.
"I just dropped Miles off at school" she smirked.
"Let me take you to bed my darling" he asked, lying the flowers on the kitchen island.
"Take me anywhere you want my love" she smirked as he began walking her towards the staircase.
"Don't encourage me. I would take you everywhere in this house if I could" he smirked as he blush began rising.
"Maybe we can compromise instead" she suggested.
"What did you have in mind?" He smirked.
"Put a baby in me, my love" she smirked against his neck as she felt him harden against her crotch.
"I'll put two inside of you" he smirked kicking the door open with his foot.
"Twins. Miles will make a good big brother" she smirked, pulling at his belt.
"God your going to be the death of me" he groaned as the two of them fell to the bed.