4.14

We quickly made it to Hilltop without a problem. We were let in quickly and to my surprise Jerry and Kelly were there waiting for us. In the distance I could see my dad walking over with Lydia as well. I smiled and dismounted my horse, letting one of the people of Hilltop take him away. I quickly helped CJ out of the wagon and guided him away.

"Hey, look who it is." I whispered to him and pointed to my dad's direction.

"Grandpa!" He squealed and ran over to him as quickly as he could. My dad's face lit up to see him, immediately catching him in his arms.

I crossed my arms and made a steady walk over to them, seeing Lydia also trail behind. I had to admit I was a little anxious to see her after our last meeting, but once she laid eyes on me she walked up to me and brought me into an unexpected hug.

I was shocked at first but put my arms around her after. "It's good to see you safe."

"Thank god you're okay. Daryl told me what happened." She mumbled through my shirt before letting me look up at me again. "And I'm sorry for running away. I didn't mean to worry you."

"It's alright, you were angry. I should be sorry for not telling you things." I shook it off, brushing her arm before she trailed off with a smile, knowing that things were going to be okay between us. I then saw my dad behind her.

I gave a small smile to my dad before he held his arm out, "C'mere." I grinned and went into his embrace despite CJ planted on his back. "Sorry I didn't come back."

"No, don't be sorry. You're here now, that's what matters." I told him with a squeeze.

He then let me go and let CJ jump off his back, "We're havin' a meetin' later upstairs about the horde. Gotta warn 'em properly."

"Yeah if they listen." I scoff and fold my arms.

"Mom what's going on?" CJ asked but I shook my head with a reassuring smile.

"Nothin' for you to worry about." I told him and booped his nose. "Hey look over there, go annoy Uncle Alden."

"Okay!"

My dad chuckled at me and I looked back up at him, "What?"

"Nothin'."

We all met inside the main room in the house to discuss the plan about the horde, hopefully trying to convince people to work with us. I suspected that a few people may not agree with the plan but we don't have much of a choice. By the thick tension in the room as a lot of people piled in, I reckoned that some people may disagree with our choices.

"You heard them out there, we have to go. Even if you took out half the herd in that cave, she's got thousands left. You can't stay here." Lydia explained shortly in a pleading tone. I understood she didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

Earl spoke up, "The skins could march straight to Alexandria."

"Yeah, but we're right in their way." Dad pointed out.

"Maybe she goes around us."

"No way Alpha would do that. She rather wipe us out first and move on like a domino effect." I scoff and fold my arms, leaning on the bookcase behind me.