40: The Royal Maid

Anthony's POV:

Aria loves me? My Aria loves me?
Her fragile hand suddenly drops from my face and fear took over me.

"Aria dear, wake up. Please don't do this". I said patting her cheeks as tears gather in my eyes.

She didn't even move a muscle, no no no. Aria can't die.
Aria loves me. She can't die now.

"Aria please wake up, please let me see that cute brown eyes of yours". I begged as my heart arch and squeeze.

A woman crawled up to Aria limp body holding her bleeding stomach and cried bitterly.
Who is this woman?

"Who are you?" I asked in a deadly tone. If she's going to hurt Aria further I won't take it.

"I'm her mother, I'm Aria's mother". She said as she cried out with so much pain.

Aria can't stay here any further as I dragged out the four arrow out of Aria's body.

"Simeon my horses, Matthew help this woman, we're heading to the palace".

I ordered as I scooped Aria from the ground and climbed the horse heading to the palace as my guards helped the injured woman.
I kept on praying, Aria would be fine.
She'll be treated and she'll be fine.

We got to the palace as I climbed down from the horse holding my Aria in my hands. The more I stared at her pale face the more pain and anger I felt.
Stella will pay for this.

As I entered into the palace all the maids and guards stared at me and Aria with shock, some stared with guilt while others with fear.

Those with guilt and fear I'm going to deal with you for letting this happen to my Aria.

Maya and Clara ran towards me, they couldn't believe what happened to Aria.

"What are you all standing there doing? Go get me the best doctor and nurses, if he doesn't arrive here on time I'll kill you all". I shouted at them all, being so furious as they all fled to different direction panicking.

I walked up into an empty room laying Aria on the bed gently. I looked at her with sad eyes to see her covered in her own blood.
My sweet Aria please stay there for me... if not for anyone just for me please.
I won't stand it if I loosed you.

A doctor and a nurse quickly entered into the room as they started their check up and treatment on Aria.
I left the room in search of Stella.

"Guards, get me Stella and who was being sent to kill Aria, now". I commanded as they left.

"Clara who among this palace added to Aria's pain?". I asked with a rigid face.

"17 of them your highness".

"Call them out". I said as she did.

"We're sorry your highness, we didn't mean it, we were blinded by jealousy". They all pleaded.

"Shut up you rascals, one more word and you all will die faster than you ever thought". I warned dreadfully as they all knelt down bowing their head low on the ground and shivering in fear.

Stella was brought before me as I took out a dagger and placed it beside her eyes holding her shirt.

"You know too well I didn't kill her in such a manner". She said with no tints of fear.

"You still have the guts to talk". I yelled at her with her sudden calmness.

"Why marry her? I'm not that heartless to shoot her several arrows but I'm glad she's in such condition, she won't survive so you have no other choice to pick Me".