32: Feelings

Aria POV:

We entered into the tent as he turned around staring at me this time blankly. He's bipolar.

"Aria, why do you have a problem with us sharing same bed?".

"I don't have a problem".

"Then explain why you were in their tent".

"Okay I've got a problem, we can't lay on same bed, your mother won't accept it".

"Forget my mother, were talking about us".

"Us? ". I repeated.
" Anthony don't be silly, you and I knows how your mother has a distaste for me".

"Who cares Aria? Who cares?".

"I care Anthony, I care"

"I just want to be close to you". He said now holding my hands.

"Why that? I'm just a maid, why choose to be close to me?".

"Because I have affection for you Aria".

"You what?". I asked again unable to believe my ears.

"Aria I've got feelings for you, I like you, Instead I want you, I really want you".

He said squeezing my hands lightly, I could feel his tense muscle as he waited for my reply.

"You're crazy?". I said as my eyes became watering.
He's just lying, they are all lies.

"You're joking right?".

"No I'm not, I do have feelings for you Aria".

"No one would accept this, no one will accept us, you're the king I'm just a royal maid, we've got nothing to do with each other, this is against the custom of this kingdom". I said restraining my hands from his.

"Aria I don't freaking care about this kingdom custom and tradition, is you I want no one else". He said being frustrated with me.

"Oh my god you're crazy". I said scattering my hair with my hands, him his self is hard to convince.

"Yes I know, if I'm crazy for you I'm okay with that". He said placing his hands on my shoulder, which made me relax.
Just his little touch can make me feel like this.

"Just give me time to think".

"Okay then, come lay with me".

"No no no, I'll lay on the couch".

"Just for tonight, tomorrow you'll stay on the bed with me and It's final".

"What?".

"I mean it Aria unless we both will have to share the couch together".

"Okay okay, let tomorrow come".
I said and walked up to the couch and laid down.

He went to the bed, laid down and turned to my side staring at me.

"Aria are you okay there?".

"Yes I am". I lied. This couch is not comfortable at all.

He said nothing and shut his eyes as I did same.
How can he have feelings for me.

Don't he gets it?
He's the king.
I'm a maid.
Who will accept us?

I don't want anything to do with the royalties.
I might be killed by someone some day.
No, I'll have to convince him.
He's meant to marry from a royal home.

         » » »  » » » » » »» » » »» » » »

I gradually opened my eyes to see the sun ray peaking through the curtains and being displayed on the wooden floor.
Oh butter and biscuits my neck and back hurts so bad, lying on the couch wasn't a brilliant idea, to my surprise I was being covered with a duvet.