15: Cured His Injury

Hello there, this was my second book cover check it out 👆

Aria POV:

Morning came like an unpleasant wind, I dragged myself off the bed, brushed my teeth of course with another brush, I had to buy another one and took my bath as usual.

I went straight to the kitchen to see them preparing breakfast for the royal family as I quickly took a slice of bread and did my cup of tea.

Trust me, I rushed my meal and flee of to carry out my other duties. But I've got a problem. My head aches lately, I feel weak most of the times and I have this arch on my shoulder

Maybe I've got malaria. I thought.

While in deep thoughts I bumped into someone. I looked forward to see it was that guard called... What's his name again? Oh Joseph.

"We meet again young lady". He said smiling from ear to ear.

"And I'm on my way gentleman". I replied nonchalantly trying to walk pass him.

He pushed me lightly with his hands on my shoulder.

I glared at him and he nervously smiled and dropped his hand.

"What do you want?" I asked him right away as his presence irritates me already.

"Your name".

"My name is Aria. I've told you... so leave me alone".

"Okay, if you're less busy can we talk?" He requested.

What is wrong with this guy, huh?

"No".

"Why?"

"Because I'm never less busy, period".

And he looked at me like I was lying. Then his expression changed to curiosity.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh... now you think I'm crazy".

"No... not that. You look so stressed out".

He answered concerned trying to feel my temperature. I was about to question his action when.

"What are you both doing?" I heard the king stern voice.

"Heading to my duty post". I quickly covered up trying not to sound nervous.

"And you guard, what are you doing standing in front of a royal maid". King Anthony asked sternly.

"Was asking for her name". Joseph answered.

Is this guy mad. He isn't even lying.

"You are here chasing after a woman without being at your guarding post". King Anthony asked as anger laced out of his words.

"I apologies, I'll return". Joseph said, smiled at me and left.

What is wrong with that guy? He isn't even pretending.

King Anthony kept on staring at me like he was annoyed of something. Oh yes... me.

"This should be last time I see you with guards and not at you duty post". He said angrily.

"Yes you majesty".

How is that even his business?

"I will return late from work. So after your chores, stay awake till I return". He said and left.

He have found another way to frustrate me, huh?

I hurriedly did my work and fetched water to fill the drum. Now I got distracted by prince Kiran. He so badly wanted to have a conversation with me. As I washed the dishes, we talked like siblings.