11: Prince Friend

Aria POV:

After performing a dance play in front of the new king. Sarah immediately rush out of the kitchen to aware me of what was happening in the kitchen.

"Aria there isn't flour to make chin chin and that's exactly what we were ordered to serve the nobles, what can we do?" Sarah whispered into my ears feeling agitated.

I quickly left the dancing floor heading to the kitchen with Sarah. I arrived there and every maidens were panicking.

"What happened to the flours in the store?" I asked

"It's all finished we used it to bake the royal cake for his majesty coronation". Lucy answered.

"Okay then lets go to the nearest bakery shop to get some flour". I suggested.

"The nearest bakery shop is quit far from the palace, there isn't enough time to buy and prepare the chin chin on time". Sarah elaborated.

"This is bad, very bad". I murmured to myself.

"What can I do? Aria find a solution to this problem". I muttered to myself once more as and idea hit my brain.

"Is there any nearby bread shop close to the palace". I asked.

"Yes, It's just some walk away". A maiden in the kitchen replied.

"Beautiful, now take a carriage and buy up to 12 baked sliced bread then return with it immediately".

"Ohkay". She answered being confused why I'll need 12 baked breads.

She quickly left the kitchen as everyone stared at me confusedly.

"Is there any other problem". I asked

"No just this one". Lucy answered.

The maiden quickly rushed into the kitchen with the 12 sliced bread in a leather bag.

"Now, listen all of you, time is knocking on our doors, I want two girls to double the fire, place a pot on it and pour a gallon of groundnut oil in it".

I said as two maid did so.

"Now we all will pick the sliced breads, cut it in chin chin shape and pour it into the hot oil, lets begin".

I said as we all began to cut the bread into small shapes, we poured it into the frying oil and waited for some minutes. We packed the fried bread out of the hot oil into the ceramic plates and we all stared at it.

"Pick a piece and taste it". I suggested Lucy to do so and so she did and stared at me with open eyes.

"This so good, too good". She complimented licking her fingers.

"That's good to hear, serve it to the nobles".

"Yes Aria". They said in union with happy faces.

"Where did you get all this inspiration from". Sarah asked.

"From my mum". I answered simply.

The thought of my parents and my elder brother hit me and I began to worry. Only havens knows what they are going through. Oh heavens protect them from any trouble.

"Are you okay Aria?" Sarah asked being concerned.

"I'm good just over thinking". I replied leaving the the kitchen to avoid any other question Sarah would throw at me.  

  » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » »

It was morning already and the girls prepared the morning breakfast perfectly for the royal family. So right now I'm cleaning the royal hall. There have been less stress for me since the day does maidens in the kitchen learned to prepare food in the right way.