26: I'm Here.

Aria's POV

I'm his Personal Maid, this is nonsense... The last thing in my mind is to avoid the king at all cause. I was seriously planning to do so but now... It's all in vain.

That means I'll have to see those handsome faces of his every single day, I don't like this idea at all.

I stared at king Anthony to see he was really okay with it. Maybe he planned it with grandma Annie.

What is her intension in making me his 'personal maid'.

"Aria dear, you may go now". Grandma Annie dismissed me while ma'am Esther shoot dirty glare.

Why does she hate me soo much, I've always stayed away from her. I can't remember doing anything wrong to offend her.

I left the dinning room heading back into the kitchen to see the maidens squeaking with joy. Why are they all be having like little kid? What's giving them such joy?

"Oh M G... Tell me what I'm hearing isn't true Aria?". Sarah asked with a surprised but yet approving face.

"Arh... What did you hear?".

She stared at me weirdly like I just asked the most stupid question on earth.

"Are you kidding me. So it's true... you're the king's personal maid. This is good". She said excitedly.

Is she crazy... What's good about this?

"No it's bad. This is bad... Bad, bad bad. What if I mess up? I don't know anything about taking care of someone on a higher sit personally. There will be a lot of expectation from me... What if I can't leave up to their expectation?". I asked being worried about my current issue.

"Come girl... you can do it. You surprised sir David and ma'am Esther on how you manage the kitchen. Being a personal maid might be a huge responsibility but you can do it, even more than their expectation". Sarah encouraged. She has soothing voice.

"And you have a lot of advantage girl". Lucy spoke up.

"I do?".

"Yes of course". Sarah approved.

"How".

"As stupid as it may sound, since you'll be close to the highness, you can convince him in letting us have a break for once, you can even persuade him in letting us see our parents". Lucy suggested.

"As good as it sound... I apologies I can't do that. I can't take advantage of rare privilege, do you want me to be hanged". I said as wave of fear washed me down.

"I know... It might take time to convince his majesty ... But on our selfish part, we all want to see our parents once more. I haven't seen them for over 4 years and I still crave to see them... even if it's just once. Don't you want to lay your eyes on your family again?". Sarah asked with sadness evident in her eyes.

I stared at everyone in the kitchen to see them with same expression. I also want to see my parents, my family, my home. I want to even go back home.

But it won't be easy. This is the tradition of this kingdom... The king taking a step out of it will cause big confusion to the land.

We can only send messages to our beloveth but you can't see them till the age of 40. But I'll try my luck.

"I'll try". I said silently but Sarah was able to hear me.