23: Gift

Aria's POV:

"Your highness I'll have to leave now".

I said as I tried so hard to press my body against the wall to prevent the body contact we had.

"I don't want you to leave". He replied as his hot sweet mint breath fanned my face.

"What happens when we get caught like this your highness".

I tried to reason out with him as anxiety I've taken my mind to the mask. But he doesn't want to reason.

"I'm not bothered about it".

I could hear chatters of some maidens coming by as I became restless to get away from the cage he placed me.

I reluctantly but quickly pushed king Anthony from me... The chatting maidens came by not noticing I and the king... I quickly joined them from behind, and in time I was out of his sight.

What's wrong with the king?  As far as I could remember... This was the same person who showed irritation and annoyance towards me. What's happening now?

He wants to be close to me? What does he even mean by that?

I was pushed out of my thoughts as I approached my room door and opened it, to see the girls laying on the bed as usual.

"Hey... You're back...  Finally?" Said Maya.

"This room always feels empty when you're not here". Clara confessed.

I saw myself smiling at her little confession. The bond between Maya, Clara and I were advancing.

"The kings birthday was awesome... I got the chance to eat expensive foods and drinks". Maya said proudly.

"Is that an achievement?" I asked just immediately and her reply was

"Yes of course".

And we all burst out laughing.

I changed into my night dress and laid down with a tiring smile.

"Oh my... Most of the guards are going crazy because of Aria here... I'm wondering how Ben is feeling now". Clara said bringing up a gist I just don't want to talk about.

"Yeah... He couldn't even utter a word because of the staggering glare Aria gave him". Maya said and laughed in an engaging manner.

"Aria...  Don't u have something to say about what happened yesterday?" Clara asked.

"Not at all".

"Why?" Asked Maya.

"Tired... "

"Nah... You're saying that to avoid the topic brought up, isn't it?" Maya argued.

"Not exactly".

"You're lying". She accused.

Those words of hers got me a bit annoyed, she's trying to force out words from my mouth and she won't get it.

"Is that so... Since your mouth is itching for what to gist about. Why don't you tell us the reason why Simeon was busy looking for you around today ". I spilled out.

Then gaps were heard from them.

Maya gaps out in surprise while Clara gapped out of excitement. This girls are crazy.

"Are you serious?" Clara asked with full excitement to know more.

"Most definitely". 😎

"Don't start". Maya mentioned sternly.