29: Close To Me

Aria POV:

"First, explain why you're avoiding me". He asked staring at me sternly.

That question made me shrink. How does he even know. I'm just preventing troubles.

I tittered like an idiot and cleaned a fake tears from my right eye as he raised his left eyebrows in askance.

"Your highness, why would I do that? You're the king nobody can avoid you". I sweet talked.

"Aria I'm not joking". He said in a scary tone.

"Okay, yes I'm avoiding you". I admitted.

"Why?".

"You see after that day you did that thing on my neck... ".

"Aria I licked you, I licked you on you neck Ari...". I cut him off by covering his mouth with my hand and he stared at me perplexed.

"Your highness... Shush... Do you want people to hear what you're saying". I said being agitated by his interjection.

"What's wrong with people knowing?". He asked nonchalantly.

Is he for real, everything is wrong about people knowing. He's just too straight forward.

"Everything is wrong about it, if your mum gets to know this she'll skin me alive. After I left your room that day she wasn't happy because I spent too much time in your room, I wasn't able to think of a lie and I thank goodness for your grandmother to interrupt".

"Then why tell a lie to a maiden to tell me?". He asked softly noticing my fidgeting movement.

"Because I didn't want what happened on that day to repeat itself".

"Aria lying wasn't the best idea, you could have told me about it and I'll handle it, It hurts to know you were lying to me". He said surfacing a sad expression.

Did I really make him this sad, I feel really guilty right now.

"I'm sorry your highness, it was my stupid mistake". I apologised bowing my head low.

"Is there anything I can do for you to forgive me?". Wait, what did I just say?

He raised my head with his index finger and smirked. Why am I having a bad feeling about this?

"I want you close to me all the time, at any time and any where. I want to be able to feel you, I want this close proximity between us Aria". He said seductively pushing my body on the pillar as his masculine chest pressed my.

"Your highness but... ".

"No buts Aria". He interjected.

"Okay your highness". I answered nervously.

Our face where just inches apart from each other. Nervousness was dealing with me and he loves every bit of it.

"Call me by my name".

"Wh... What". I strutted.

"Call me by my fucking name Aria". He demanded this time grinding his body against mine.

"But... ".

"I don't accept buts...Aria".

He said and tucked my hair from the right side of my neck and kissed my cheek born. God... It feels good. His strong cologne isn't making it easy for me to resist him.

"Aria... ". He groaned waiting for my reply.

As good as it feels, I'll have to make him stop because if I'm seen I'll be the story in this palace. I don't want that.