24: Teacher

Aria POV:

"Your highness I don't think...".I tried to give an excuse but he cut me off.

"Come sit Aria". He said being a bit serious this time.

I slowly walked up to his bed and sat down giving respectable space between him and I. I was so anxious.

"Eat with me". He said.

Is he okay? He's the king I'm his servant, I can't do that.

"Your highness a servant isn't meant to eat from a kings plate".

"Oh pls, forget that nonsense and eat with me". He replied calmly but his authoritative voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Your highness, I've already eaten, I'm not hungry for now". I lied.

Then my tummy betrayed me by grumbling loud, making it obvious that I was lying.

King Anthony stared at me in amusement and chuckled. He stopped and stared at my embarrassed self and chuckled again.

Why is he chuckling, he's actually making me feel more embarrassed. He stopped chuckling and cleared his throat.

"It seems your tummy is saying otherwise".

"Yeah Yeah, it is". I replied timidly. And he chuckled once more.

"Okay now eat with me". He said and gave me the spoon I brought for him.

He opened his night stand drawer and brought out a spoon wrapped with a tissue and unwrapped it.

"Your highness if I may ask... why is there a spoon in your drawer?".

"Because the maidens who normally serve my food forgets to get me a spoon". He said honestly and I saw myself smiling.

It's actually funny to see a spoon in a kings drawer.

He saw me smiling and also gave me a sweet smile which sent a lot message I couldn't understand.

"I love your smile Aria, it gives me joy to know that I made you smile for the first time... Smile for me often". He confessed and I stared at him with opened eyes.

He wrapped his hand around my waist which made me stiffen a bit as he dragged me very close to him.

"When I meant sit beside me, I meant very close to me". He said and I saw myself nodding. Why am I nodding?

He opened the food the maidens prepare and took a spoon of jellof rice and waited for me to do so.

I did too and we ate his food together. As we ate he kept staring at me at small intervals and then smile to himself. What is he thinking?

We were done eating as I got up from his bed parked the dishes on the tray and turned to leave after I said.

"Thanks your majesty... I do appreciate".

He grappled my wrist making me stop at my track as he took my fingers and kept studying it.

"You've got beautiful fingers and long nails, I love them". He complimented kissing my fingers in the process.

Is he seriously complimenting me? The way he kissed my fingers sent spark through my body.

Why is he making me feel this way?

I gently dragged my hand from his hold, turned and left his room.

King Anthony is beheaving different towards me. But there was no denial he have got nice smiles.

I heading back to the kitchen an elderly woman waved at me gracefully telling me to stop. I was told she was the mother to elder king David.

"Good morning your highness". I greeted bowing down.