3: Royal Maids

Aria POV :

I sat inside the small carriage with other girls facing the carriage door, saying nothing. I was trying to absorb the fact that I was leaving my family for good.

"It's unreasonable to know that the king chose her as his last choice ". A maiden said but it didn't bother me.

"Yes It's unbelievable". Other maidens chorused.

"The king only kept his eyes on her. I'm wondering what charm she's using". The maiden with same voice spoke.

I turned my head to the side to see who said such rubbish. It was a girl with an orange hair and black eyes. I saw myself staring at her with an angry expression. Then someone within the dark side of the carriage said creepily:

"Why say such rubbish at this hour? What makes you think of such nonsense about this quiet soul? Just keep shut".

I squeeze my eyes a little to see it was a maiden with black hair who had a black lip stick on. She was creepy but calm.

"And how is that your business. Mind your own business you creep". The girl with orange hair spoke annoyingly.

"Don't bother calling me a creep you prick".

The girl with black hair insulted back calmly and the rest of the maidens chuckled. Seriously, I found that funny as a smirk was plastered on my lips. What a good rhyme.

"You stupid human".

The girl with orange hair shouted angrily as she intend to slap the girl when another girl with dark brown hair held her and warned, saying.

"Just let it go Tianna. Don't forget she's a very creepy person".

And the girl called Tianna sat down fuming in anger. I looked at the girl with black hair and whispered a

"Thank you".

And she nodded with a warm smile.

                     » » » » » » » » » » »

We finally arrived at the castle. It was bigger than a palace and I'm wondering why people called it a palace. I'll just go by It's name palace.

We all got down from the carriage and lined up horizondally. The queen approached us with a straight face.

"I know it was a long journey from your village to the palace, just know you won't have time to rest because you have serious work to do. Once you're here respect yourselves, drop any childish behaviour you've grown with. You've got it?" She asked and we chorused

"Yes my Queen".

"Good, the Chief maid will arrive shortly to address you all". The queen said and left.

An old woman around the age of 60 walked towards us with a serious face. She had grey hairs mixed with her brown hair and she was a beautiful old woman.

"Good evening ladies".

"Good evening ma". We greeted back.

"I'm Mrs. Margaret Steve but you can call me Mrs. Maggie".

She introduced herself and I saw myself smiling for no reason. Her name was cute.

"I'm the chief maid of this palace and I'll tell you the rules, regulations and customs that govern this palace". She said and we all nodded our heads.

"Listen, You aren't going to serve as a Royal Maid till the age of 40 but you'll serve as a maid till the age of 40". She said and we all stared at her confused.

"To clear your confusion, after three years, you all will drop the title of being a royal maid and serve as a normal maid. Those whom have served as a normal servant till the age of 40 is now ready to leave this palace". She elaborated as realisation hit us all.

"Now we all know that you young women have a strong attraction towards the queen's son. Stay a distant away from him. This is the queen's order". Mrs. Maggie warned seriously.

Come to think of it I haven't sent my eyes on the prince charming every women dies for.

"Respect yourselves and always be punctual to work, if you're lazy you won't survive here. The queen hates lazy people, if you're being caught in such act you'll be punished seriously. Do you understand?" She asked calmly and we all nodded our heads.

"Now you all are from number 1 to 11. The first person has an orange hair and the eleventh person has a scarf on".

I was the the eleventh person with a scarf on.

"Number 1 to 5 you'll be in charge of cleaning and sweeping all the royal floors. 6 to 8 you'll be in charge in cleaning the garden with other regular maids. 9 and 10 you'll be in charge of cleaning the throne room and hence after you'll assist the rest in the garden and finally number 11 you'll be in the royal kitchen, you'll assist the regular maiden to prepare both breakfast, lunch and dinner for the Royal family, if you're less busy you'll assist number 1 to 5 in cleaning the royal floors, have I made my self clear".

She asked and we chorused.

"Yes Mrs. Margaret".

She nodded her head and clapped her hands twice and few maids entered into the hall, holding some maids uniform.

"So you ladies are wearing different maids wear which will differentiate you all from your activities. Number 1 to 5 you all are wearing colour purple, 6 to 8 colour green, 9 and 10 colour yellow and number 11 colour red".

Mrs. Maggie said as the maidens handed us the cloth.

"Check the number on your maid uniforms to know the locations of your rooms and whom you're staying with. Dress up and start your daily duties immediately". She said and turned to leave.

"You're now Royal Maids". She said once more and left.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Sorry guys this chapter was boring But you'll love the next chapter.
In this life you can never escape rules.

Who loves beans, I love beans so much 💕

I appreciate you all for giving this book a chance.
Drop a vote 😁

Thanks for reading 💙💙💙💙