Chapter 18

It was finally Saturday, mom and I were going to go buy the dress, the truth is we went to many stores until my mom said "Hey and if we go to the mall, there are many clothing stores"

"Well that sounds good"

We went to many stores, Forever 21, H&M, Old navy, Macy's, Top shop, and a bunch of other ones, all of them had beautiful dresses but none convinced me, until we entered a store called Mikarose, when I entered I loved everything I saw, there was a white leather jacket, also many beautiful dresses and obviously there were not only dresses, but everything that was in that store was beautiful.

I started to looked at everything that was in the store, my mom saw some dresses as well and I started to try them on, they were all beautiful, but again none of them convinced me, while I saw other dresses one caught my attention, it was a long dress that when I put it on it touched the ground with short sleeves but kind of loose and a pastel pink color.

"That one"

"What was that Amaya?"

"That's the dress"

"Ok, go try it on"

When I tried it on I realized that the dress was a little too big for me

"If you want we can look for another" my mom told me, but we couldn't find another one of my sices, so we asked a worker but she said there was no size small left, but she showed us another one, it was the same but blue green color like light color, at first it did not convinced me but when I tried it on, I loved it

"Mom, this is the dress"

"Well and how much does it cost?" she said

THE DRESS IS 75 DOLLARS

"You know mom better let's find another one"

"No, you liked this one, besides, do you think I would bring you to stores where I don't know how to price them?"

"But it is ver-"

"SHH I don't want you to say anything, we're going to buy it, end of discussion"

In the end my mom won and we bought the dress, now we just had to wait to buy Fabi's .

Fabi and I talked all weekend trying to think of a way to get money for Fabi's dress, I literally had no idea what to do until I remembered I sold scrunchies, so I texted fio that said "Hey I sell scrunchies, maybe you could come to my house and we'll go around the neighborhood and sell them, what do you think?"

And Fabiana said "Yeah, that's a great idea" so we talked to our parents (Moms) and they both said that was fine, so we were going to get together on Monday and go out to sell scrunchies.

It was finally Monday, cold and I was going to go sell the scrunchies, literally all day at school we were talking about the houses we were going to go to, although the truth is that everyone looked at us strangely, I don't know what they were thinking but I would like to imagine that I did.

I like trying to understand people, at least now since I couldn't understand myself anymore, maybe that would get me in trouble or something, for example, my grades before weren't very good thanks to that.

While Fabi and I were on the bus I could tell that she was talking to me but I wasn't listening. Well I did listen to her but I didn't understand her, there was so much noise everywhere that I couldn't concentrate on one thing, I mean even the fly that flew in front of me distracted me. And the truth, without realizing it, we already had to get off the bus.

Fabi and I walked about 10 or 20 minutes to get to my house, but it was fun, we ran and when we got tired she would start talking about the boy she liked Matt, a typical gringo, tall, with curly hair and kind of blond, I obviously didn't talk about that, I mean I didn't want to talk about Joaquin. So I just listen to Fabi and say "Wow that's great for you" or "Well maybe you could do this instead, right?" but I didn't talk about my love life (although I didn't have any) and as I already said, the only thing I didn't want to talk about was Joaquin.

When we got home Fabi and I ate lunch, it was rice with pork and the typical tomato and onion salad (chilean salad) then we finished fixing some scrunchies and went out to sell. We went out for about 2 or 3 hours and when we got back home we were exhausted but we started counting the money and "MOM, GUESS HOW MUCH MONEY WE HAVE"

"How much?" says my mom

And Fabi and I said "$145.50"

"Seriously?" My mom said with surprise on her face

"Yeah really, just watch"

I told my mom while I gave her the money

"Wow this is enough for a dress and more"

"Well we just have to wait for Friday to go shopping for the dress"

"Yep"

I don't know who was happier, my mom because she wasn't going to spend money or Fabi because she was going to have a new dress, but I was happy because they were with me and that was good. Now I just had to wait to see Fabi much happier when I bought her the dress.