Chapter 11

Man, what if he doesn't like me and or he thinks I'm weird? Before I could keep thinking about every single thing that happened my alarm started ringing. It was 6:30 and I didn't sleep at all that night. I had to get ready for school, I didn't want to, I preferred to stay home to prevent the embarrassment.

It was already morning but I didn't want to get out of bed, I didn't want to go to school, well I didn't want to talk to Joaquin, but my mom made sure I did go to school.

I spent the whole day hiding and avoiding Joaquin even in Spanish when he came over to speak to me and asked me why I wanted to know about him calling me Amayita. I just told him to go to his Gmail and then I ran away.

It's funny how it was kind of difficult with Joaquin, I mean with Kaden it was a little difficult but not this much, but Joaquin was something totally different, I mean I could talk to him but like literally every time I saw him I just couldn't stop looking, I just could not stop looking at does eys, does eyes that were dark as night and his hair I loved his messy hair.

The more I thought about Joaquin and how he made me feel, the more I thought about it the more I realized that I didn't like him, I'm in love which was something very weird, but I got that thought out of my head just as fast like it appear, and for the rest of the day I didn't think about it again.

At the end of the day I went outside to wait for my bus but I got a message from my uncle Hey, don't take the bus, I'm going to pick you up, your mom is already at my house and I'm close to you school so yeah

and at the same time I get a message from my mom saying

Amaya, your uncle is going to pick you up, so don't take the bus

I replied a ok to both of them, I sat outside the school for a few minutes (well like 10 minutes) but I got bored and then remembered that I had a missing assignment on Mr. Leon class so I went into the school and went to his classroom with the hope that neither Joaquin nor his friend were there.

The closer I was to Mr. Leon's class,the more my heart accelerated, but when I saw the hallway outside the class they were not there which meant that they were either not here or were inside the classroom. But when I entered the classroom none of them were there, and I was super happy and kind of relieved.

A few minutes later I heard shouts coming from the hallway Oh no, it's them, I hope Joaquin isn't with them

and just at that moment I hear a shout from Joaquin Why did I have to speak, think, control yourself Amaya.

"Well Mr. Leon, thank you, I'll be outside in the hallway" "Sure, Amaya, see you"

I went out and sat at the table I usually sat at, I didn't even look at Joaquin so I don't know if he realized I was there. For a couple of minutes I was calm since I was just reading, but as always Joaquin and his friends went out to play football in the hallway. I mean I was calm but worried since I didn't want the ball to hit me.

Just at that moment I get a message from my uncle Hey Amayita I'm sorry there was a car crash so I'm staying here for awhile, but I'll arrive around 4:20 or 4:30 don't worry

Ok, it's fine

"Hey, Joaquin, are you coming?"

"Yeah Daniel, I'm going, I just forgot my backpack in the classroom, but you go, I'm going alone to Mrs. Golden"

As soon as Daniel disappeared, Joaquin got closer to me.

"Hello Amayita"

I looked up and told him

"Do you realize you have your backpack on?"

"Yes, but if I didn't tell them that, I wouldn't have time to talk to you"

Oh he want to talk to me, well just calm down and answer

"And what do you want to talk about?"

"Well, I was looking at my Gmail, and I saw a gmail that you send, do you remember what you wrote?"

"Not really, what did it say?"

Oh I obviously remember, but it doesn't matter act confident

"Well I don't remember either and I won't leave until you tell me yourself"

While he was saying that he sat next to me, he sat a little too close to me that our shoulders touched

"And what do you want me to say"

"I already told you Amayita"

Joaquin got closer to me, well more than he already was, he was so close to me that I could feel him breathing, so close that our noses were touching, and lips were almost about to touch.

"I want to know what you write in that gmail"

"Well why should I?"

"I don't know, I just want to know"

"Well you are wanna have to convince me"

"What can I do to convince you?"

"I don't know, think"

What am I doing , this is not me I don't know what i'm saying, damm, snap out of it

"You now what, I have a idea"

Before I could respond Joaquin grabbed my hand and took me to the stairs that were in front of us.

"Your idea is taking me to the stairs?"

I was expecting something else

"No, this is"