Chapter 10

Time was passing by so fast, without realizing it was already the second week of January. Wow it was already January 2021 I couldn't believe it, time really flies by if you don't take advantage of it.

I have to admit that Spanish had become one of my favorite classes, but there was a problem, that I really didn't know if I should be upset or grateful, but while I was thinking about that someone came up behind me and told me

"Hi Amaya, how are you?"

"Hey Fabi, I'm fine, I was just thinking"

"Thinking about what, or should I say who?"

"FABI!! Well I mean your not wrong"

"Tell me what's going on, I'm all ears"

"Well, it's been a week or two since the last time Joaquin called me Amayita"

"And that bothers you?"

"I don't know girl"

"Well, what if you go and talk to him?"

"It could be"

"Hello class please sit down"

"Well we talk after class fabi"

"Ok Amaya"

Fabi and I didn't talk about it again, but I decided to ask him why he didn't call me Amayita anymore, although I didn't know if he was going to be able to since I didn't want to miss the bus, but just when I thought that I got a message from my mom saying Amaya don't take the bus today your uncle is going to pick you up.

That was it, if I could stay at least a little longer at school I might have time to ask Joaquin what I needed to ask him. I decided to pretend I was going to talk to Mr. Leon so that it would not seem like I only went to talk to Joaquin

After talking with the teacher I went out to the hall and sat at a table that was there. I loved sitting there since it was right by the window so I could see everything, and I could see if my mom or whoever came for me had arrived.

I was sitting reading, waiting and suddenly I heard the voice of one of Joaquin's friends, Daniel and that meant that Joaquin was coming, but I pretended not to care.

"Amaya, what are you doing here?"

"Ahh hello Joaquin, nothing except that my mom told me not to take the bus, so I stayed"

"Ahh ok, well will be here"

"Okay"

Little by little his friends had to leave, and in a short time it was just Daniel, Joaquin and me, but Danil had to go to the bathroom or something so it was just Joaquin and me. "Well it's just the two of us"

"Yep"

"Hey Amaya, do you play soccer?"

"Play yes, now being good at playing is something else"

"Haha, do you want to try Amaya?" he said while playing with his football.

Amaya Amaya Amaya It seemed like he was just saying Amaya to annoy me, but I snapped that thought out of me right away, and said "Why Amaya?"

"What?"

"Why do you keep calling me Amaya"

"That's your name, right?"

"Well yes, but you used to called me Amayita"

Joaquin looked at me and started walking towards me. In a matter of seconds he was really close to me, I would say that we were way too close.

"But I thought you didn't like that I told you that"

"DON'T GET SO CLOSE TO ME!!" And I push him apart

I didn't have a mirror but I could tell how red my face was.

"Ok, I tell you why I call you Amayita and you tell me why you want to know"

Without even thinking I said "Ok, but you first"

"Ok, well I tell you Amayita because Leon calls you to do it and I like the way it sounds, now it's your turn, why do you care, like why do you want to know why I called you Amayita"

"Ahh ok.."

Just at that moment I feel like I get a message "Wait a minute, I got a message"

It was from my uncle, he said he was already at school

"Sorry Joaquin, My uncle is outside so I have to go"

"Ok, but I'm not going to forget it, you have to tell me, bye-bye, Amayita"

"Yeah bye Joaquinsito haha"

"I like how that sounds Amayita"

At home I couldn't stop thinking about Joaquín and what I was supposed to say to him "hey I like you" I couldn't tell him that, well maybe he will forget.

And suddenly I had an idea, which I had thought was a good one, although I wasn't so sure about it. I decided to write him a Gmail (since I didn't have his phone number) so I sat on my bed, took my computer and started writing. Hey Joaquin, well, I'll give you the answer to your question and since I don't have the courage to tell you in person I'll tell you here, although I don't know if you're going to read it, but yeah, I do love it when you call me Amayita, not at first but when time started to pass I started to like it, the thing is that over time I not only started to like that, but you too and that's why it bothered me when you stopped calling me Amayita, because I like you.

Surprisingly, I was able to go to sleep that night, and I didn't worry about what Joaquin might say to me, but there was one thing I was worried about, like what if I made a mistake when I made this confession.