• Chapter 28 •

Even though he had just a couple hours of sleep, Namjoon buys a big coffee in the street, and opens the clinic at 9 am as he always does. In a normal day, the first thing he sees it's Jimin ready for work, greeting him with that cute eye smile he has.

   But today is an exception. Namjoon is all alone, standing in the entrance of the place.

   He's not surprised at all, the guy received a bomb with that confession, that destroyed the ground below him. Last thing he saw was his receptionist's back, when he ran away in the dark night.

   It's not hard for the doctor to guess what did the blond do. No doubt he went home to take his bike, and headed to the clinic, to look for his own file. Since he works arranging those folders, he quickly deducted it wasn't in the folders storage, leaving his office as the only possible option.

   He walks with his coffee in hand, and enters his office. He leaves the cup on the desk, his suitcase on the swivel chair, and then opens a certain drawer.

   It's empty. He grins, because his instincts were right.

   He isn't mad at the young man rummaging through his stuff without permission, because he'd do the exact same if he was in such situation. Nonetheless, he's worried about the man, he needs to know if he's okay, so he decides to call him.

   After three missed calls, he decides to rather send a voice note on his WhatsApp chat with him.

   “Hi, Jim... Jimin-ssi... Ugh.”

   The doctor cancels the voicenote, because was just about to say 'Jiminnie', and he thinks nice names aren't appropriate right now, because the man is probably so mad right now. He takes a breath to calm himself down, and starts all over again.

   “Jimin-ssi, hi. I tried to call you, maybe you're asleep right now...” he sighs “I'm... I'm so sorry about last night, and for hiding that for such amount of time. Probably I'll be asking for much, but I need you to come to the clinic to talk about this. I need...” the doctor runs a hand through his hair before resume talking “I need to see you, and make sure you're okay... Please reply whenever you're able to. I'll be waiting.”

   The voicenote is sent, and he naively waits for two solid minutes, to see if the man plays it, or if he's online at least. Since nothing happens, he takes his suitcase, his coffee, and walks to the reception. He's gonna work there today, sitting in Jimin's swivel chair, because as long as he's absent, someone has to receive the people, and pick up the phone.

   The morning is far from hectic and crowded. Just one person arrives to change an appointment and leaves a couple minutes later, and there's a wrong calling on the phone, so Namjoon has plenty of time to torture his head.

   Finally about at noon, when he's feeling tempted to call the blond again, or sending him a second voice note, he receives a reply from him.

   I'm on my way

   No emojis, and straight to the point, with enough coldness to make the doctor gulp.

   He saves his phone, and then hears the familiar sound of Jungkook's motorcycle parking outside. A minute later he sees him walking in and closing the door behind him, his backpack over his shoulder, .

   “Jimin-hyung didn't come to work today?” he asks, finding Namjoon in the reception “I should've guessed.”

   “He didn't come to work, but will be here any minute to have a talk about last night” the doctor explains.

   “And you're gonna ask him to be your boyfriend again” the brunette tries to guess, stepping closer and leaning on the counter.

   But the doctor quickly looks up at him, frowning.