• Chapter 13 •

Jungkook sits at the empty chair in front of the screen, and starts pressing buttons, while Jisoo is standing next to him, ready to quickly assist the younger.

   “Has this ever happened, Kookie?” Jimin asks, popping up behind the technician, to watch into the screen.

   “Yeah, but ain't a common thing” Jungkook answers, still working “There are people with very lucid dreams, and they can do things like that.”

   Now the screen shows a diagram of all the registered memories. The black-haired man looks carefully into each little square, and finds one of the oldest memories flickering softly.

   He opens it, and finds the main conscience there.

   “He's in one of the oldest memories” the technician says “Everything is frozen, I have to take him again where he was before, so the procedure can keep going.”

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Jin and Tae are lying against a wall, next to one of the stands, still eating popcorn and laughing at the dad jokes the older is saying. When Taehyung laughs, his eyes squint like two little moons, that's so adorable than Jin can't help but raise his hand and caress the green strands of hair over his forehead.

   Suddenly, the ground opens wide, and in a second Jin is swallowed down.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   The man falls heavily on Taehyung's couch. His breathing is fast, and there's popcorn all around him.

   “What's this, hyung? Where did all these...?” the younger is standing next to the couch, looking at his boyfriend surrounded with popcorn. It's still raining outside, but the window disappears suddenly.

   How did this happen? He went to one of his oldest memories with Tae, just listening to Jisoo's voice saying 'Voo'.

   “Jinnie, I need you to explain...” Tae says, while things keep disappearing behind him.

   That girl did a pretty good research about Taehyung, since she found out he used to call him that.

   “Hyung, listen to me!” the red-haired explodes “You said you're erasing me from your memory. Why you're doing that?”

   “Because you erased me first, Tae!” Jin answers, looking at him.

   “Oh...” the younger sits down again, looking at some popcorns that fell to the floor “And... Why did I do that?”

   “It happened when we fought for the scratches on my car” the brown-haired answers. He skips the bad things he also said to the younger that night.

   Tae gets closer to his boyfriend. He moves his hand and take the older's. They sitting on the couch are the only thing left, all around them is darkness.

   “I shouldn't have done that” he pouts unconsciously, he's so sad and disappointed of himself “I'm so sorry, Jinnie.”

   The sad expression on his boyfriend's face shatters Jin on the inside.

   “No, baby... C'mere.”

   He takes his cheeks, tenderly, and gets close to his face. He leaves a short, sweet kiss on his lips, just before the man disappears.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Jin tries to breath normally again, his body pressed heavily over Tae's, on the younger's pastel sheets bed. The man beneath him is the same, his heavy arms lying on both sides of his head. He's still inside the younger.

    “I can't... M-move... A muscle” the red-haired complains with a weak voice, his throat is dry.

   “You wanted to be wrecked, those were your words” the older says back, smiling against the tan skin on his shoulder.

   “And you literally did it!” Tae chuckles weakly “You're a beast, I can't believe you managed to hold back enough to make me come thrice in one single fuck.”

   “Maybe that's my superpower” the older giggles.

   He moves up and leans on his forearms. The intense moment they just lived is still written all over Taehyung's pretty face. His skin is beyond blushed, his eyes keep closed, and his mouth is half open, trying to breath normally again.

   Using his hand, Jin combs back the red strands that are stuck all over his forehead. That same hand runs over his exposed, sweaty skin.

   “Please open your eyes. Wanna look into them” he asks.

   “Did you listen to me? I said I can't move a muscle, and that includes eyelids.”

   “Oh, you can't open your eyes, but you can talk.”

   “That doesn't count” Tae excuses himself “My mouth has a self life when you're close to me.”

   They chuckle together at the dumb excuse, and Tae finally opens his eyes. Seokjin's expression falls suddenly, when he remembers this is just a memory that will be deleted soon.

   Maybe around them, things started disappearing already, but Jin decides to rather focus on every inch of Taehyung's face.

   “I remember this day so well” the younger says.

   “You... You do?”

   “Of course, I had the worst day of my life, everything seemed to go wrong... I was in the verge of falling to the floor and cry in fetal position, but you came here. You brought pizza and ice cream, you pulled me to the couch to watch dumb, funny movies. I though you couldn't be more amazing than that, but then you pushed me to my room, to make me see stars behind my eyes... My love for you doubled that day, hyung.”

   The older just can't believe his ears. The man remembers everything for real.

   “You remember what else you said to me that day?” the older says in a sweet voice “I looked at you, just below me, and said I loved being there, it was such a perfect moment and I wanted it to last forever. Your answer to that was great.”

   Taehyung licks his lips and tries to think.

   “Yeah, I remember. I told that you can make any moment last forever, when you live it at it's fullest, with each and every sense in your body. That way, you save the whole moment in your memory, and you can relive it anytime you want in the future.”

   “Exactly, that's what you said. But.. ” Seokjin closes his eyes, holding back the lump in his throat “But now all the memories are being erased forever, no matter how well I've lived them.”

   He opens his eyes again... And is all alone in that big bed.

   “No! P-please...” he holds the sheets with his hands, but they disappear too. He speaks louder “Please, I beg you! I want to keep this memory! Just this one, it's so special, I... I beg you...”

   At the end, his beggings turn into a weak whisper, before everything turns black again.

***********