• Chapter 05 •

Behind the black, iron door, he finds a normal waiting room, painted with pastel tones and with some indoor plants. About eight to ten comfy-looking seats are attached to the walls, until the end of the little room, where he finds a young, blond receptionist kindly answering calls behind a counter. Behind him, next to the reception, there is a second black, iron door.

   An old woman, who looks like she has been crying for hours, is the only one sitting silently in the waiting room, waiting for her turn. She is carrying a black, plastic bag with a dog's belongings. He can see a food plate, a pillow and a collar, the name 'Cinnamon' written in all of them. Jin thinks he should be polite and wait too, but he needs to relief this storm inside of him, so he forgets about his manners. He reaches the reception with firm steps, and leans on the counter.

    “Yes, sir, we can do the procedure, you just need an appointment. The email address you mentioned is yours, isn't it?” the blond receptionist has the name 'P. Jimin' written in the badge on his chest “Okay, I'll give you a schedule grid with the available dates. February is full, so they start in middle March. Please, choose one as soon as possible... Alright, I'll wait for your email, thank you.”

   The receptionist ends the call, and looks up at Jin. He just gives him the little, yellow card he got at his friends' apartment. The blond recognize the card and grimaces.

   “Are you Kim Seokjin?” he asks, and Jin nods “I'm sorry, Seokjin-ssi. You were not supposed to see this card.”

   “But unfortunately, I did see it. I... Can I talk with the person on charge for a moment?” Jin asks, trying not to show how broken he's inside “I need them to explain this to me.”

   “Alright, give me a minute” the guy takes the same phone, press the hash key and the number 1 and waits for a couple seconds “Excuse me, Namjoon-nim. We have a situation here.”

   The blond explains shortly to the person on the other end (whose name apparently is Namjoon) about the reasons why Jin is there. He ends the call and looks up again.

   “Seokjin-ssi, the doctor says you can go to his office. It's the first black door over there” the young man points.

   Jin thanks him, and walks to the mentioned door. There he notices a little hall behind the reception, which leads to a third black door. That's why the guy told him to go to 'the first' door. From the reception he couldn't see that hidden door. He hear voices coming out of there, it's people talking with technical words.

   “Kook I can't measure the voltage here. Can you help me?” it's a deep, female voice, and a male voice answers.

   But he stops paying attention. He knocks on the door in front of him, and upon hearing an authorization, he opens the door.

   There is a well decorated office on the other side, with lots of nice indoor plants, just like the waiting room. A man on his middle thirties, with a few grey hairs over his black hair, is sitting behind a desk. Behind him, there are about five prestigious medical diplomas framed.

   “Please, Seokjin-ssi, take a seat” the doctor points to the chair, and leans over the desk without standing up “I'm doctor Kim Namjoon, I'm a neurosurgeon, and the director in charge of this place.”

   “Nice to meet you” he bows respectfully to the older man, and then he sits down, keeping a serious expression on his face.

   “I was informed about you finding one of our cards. Indeed, Taehyung came here some weeks ago to endure our erasing procedure. I can answer any question you may have now.”

   “Doctor, I have a LOT of questions about this, really a huge lot... But I need you to answer only one” Jin takes a breath and resumes talking “Do you remember if Taehyung looked sure about doing that?”

   The older glances over his desk as he thinks.

   “I really don't think I'm the most adequate to answer that, since I only met him the day of the procedure. I don't know him enough.”

   “My Taehyunggie is an open book. What you saw that day is exactly what he was feeling on the inside” Seokjin smiles for a second “How did he look?”

   “Well, based on what I saw...” Namjoon settles in his chair, and scratches the back of his neck “Not 'sure' indeed, but I noticed he was mad... A little frustrated, disappointed and... Maybe tired too.”

   Jin's expression falls. He nods a couple times, and stands up, trying to smile.

   “Thank you so much for your time, doctor” he says before leaving the place.

   He spends that night tossing and turning in his bed. In that same bed where he had his Taehyunggie so many times, and he thinks about him and only him. Recalling one more time that last fight they had before he decided to... Erase him from his memory.

   The next morning, when Yoongi and Hoseok are having breakfast before going to their work places, they hear the doorbell in their apartment. The younger one goes to the door, and look through the peephole to know who it is.

   “It's Jin-hyung” he says, and hurries to open the door.

   The older enters the apartment in silence. He sits heavily on the couch, and rests his elbows on his knees, his hands intertwined and resting on his lips, as he looks at a random point of the place. Under his eyes there are the dark evidences of his sleepless night.

   Yoongi stands up from the table, and goes next to Hoseok. They look at the older, but don't have a chance to say anything, because he looks at them with decision.

   “I'm gonna do the procedure” he declares, with a hard face.

   “You're gonna WHAT?” Yoongi says.

   “I thought about it all night long... I'mma go to that clinic. I'mma erase Taehyung off my memory.”

***********