• Chapter 15 •

Jimin and Jungkook are still sitting on the carpeted floor, at Seokjin's bedroom, with the empty bottles of beer and soju around them. The brunette drank about half of the bottle of soju and some beer, and stopped because the procedure has to continue (and because he has to drive the van back to the clinic). But the blond receptionist did otherwise, and decided to drink without limits, allowing himself to be a little drunk, feeling safe because his house is just a couple blocks away of this apartment. The rain stopped completely outside.

   “Shouldn't we get up and check the screens again? When the main conscience disappeared a while ago, we didn't knew until Jisoo-noona noticed” Jimin says, his head resting against the technician's shoulder.

   “We ain't need to. I settled a little alarm, it will activate if anything stop working” Jungkook answers “We're safe as long as we don't hear any sound coming out of the machine.”

   Jimin replies something like an “okay” but between clenched teeth. The alcohol running through his veins is making him difficult to talk.

   “It's amazing... I mean, all of this, what we're doing.”

   “What we're doing?” the younger repeats, excited.

   “I mean this” the blond points to the machines on the table and to Seokjin's bed.

   “Oh... yeah, of course” Jungkook says in a way disappointed tone, but Jimin isn't in his right mind now, so he doesn't notice.

   “It's actually amazing” the blond continues, his head still resting on the younger's shoulder “Sometimes memories are heavy, and we have to live with them inside our head, paying thousands to a psychologist, to try and get rid of the weight. With this procedure, and without paying one single won, people can take that weight off them. Namjoon-nim is such a genius for creating this system.”

   “Well, it's free for now, but yeah, he's indeed a genius” Jungkook agrees.

   “Many geniuses in history had the most revolutionary idea while taking a shower, just like Namjoon-nim did” Jimin continues, and then chuckles “When I take a shower, I only think about what I'm gonna have for dinner.”

   Jungkook wants to tell him what he thinks while taking a shower. Inside his head, everything is Jimin, and not only while taking a shower, also having dinner, and having breakfast, riding his motorcycle to the clinic, coming back home, feeding his dog Gureum, watching tv. He's always thinking about the blond.

   But he doesn't say it.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Tae is at Seokjin's apartment, 'watching' a movie with him on tv. 'Watching', because actually they're not watching the screen at all, very busy talking calmly to each other. Tae sat first, and Jin placed himself on the space between the younger's legs, leaning his back against the orange-haired's chest.

   “Jinnie?” Tae asks, wrapping his arms around the older's waist, and placing his chin on the older's shoulder.

   “Yeah?” the brown-haired replies, and looks around him, knowing that everything will start disappearing soon.

   “I'm sorry, hyung... For... F-for erasing you from my memory. I'm so hot-headed, always doing whatever crosses my mind. 'm sorry.”

   Seokjin turns his head to look at him for a moment, and places a kiss on his cheek.

   “No, baby” he places another kiss, caressing the younger's arms that are still around his waist “Please, never say sorry for being hot-headed. It's what I love the most about you, my life was boring, and became a whole adventure because of that.”

   Things in the room start disappearing slowly, and that bothers the older.

   “Tae... Tae, I don't wanna forget this. What do we do?” He says desperately, trying to stand up.

   The orange-haired hugs Jin's waist tighter, making him stay still.

   “Shhh, there, there” he speaks in the softest voice, and places a kiss on his brown hair “We still have time, this was a little after our first anniversary... We'll figure something out, but for now, let's stay like this a little more. It's so cozy.”

   The darkness has come again, and it starts invading the whole room. But Seokjin decided not to pay attention, and just stay inside his Taehyunggie's arms, until everything disappears.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Jisoo pays to the taxi driver, gets out of the taxi, closes the door and runs to Taehyung's house. Half of her running is because of how worried she is, the other half is because she's afraid of the rain starting to fall heavily again.

   She knocks at the door, and waits for a couple seconds before hearing the doorknob. Probably the man was close to the door.

   The blue-haired's sad expression makes the girl feel sad too.

   “Hi, voo, how you feeling?” she says in a soft voice, kissing his lips quickly and walking inside the house. She walks past Yeontan's little bed. As always, the dog doesn't react to her presence at all.

   “I dunno, noona...” the younger says, closing the door and walking fast to the couch “I feel like I'm disappearing. Is that even possible?” he sits down and looks at his hands “Chichu, can you see me? Am I dissapearing?”

   “Ya not dissapearing, angel” the girl says. She notices how disturbed is the man, so she decides to give him space, and just sit at the little table in front of the couch, avoiding touching him “Did you get any sleep?”

   “Not much, maybe one hour or two.”

   The blue-haired turns to a little box next to him. He opens it, it's full of polaroids.

   “I was cleaning out my closet tonight, and I found these” he takes the two polaroids on the top and hands them to the girl. They're two selcas, he's with some friends from Daegu on the first one, and with a girl from the magazine on the second one “In the first picture I have orange hair, and in the other one I have red hair. I remember when I took them, but don't remember the hair colors... I don't know if I ever told ya, I dye my hair when there's a huge change in my life, since I was sixteen. I've been racking my brain, trying to remember why did I dye those two colors” he softly knocks his temples with his fists, staring at the floor “But I can't, I just can't remember... Actually I don't remember either why did I dye it blue, and it was just a couple weeks ago. Noona, how can I forget that? Maybe I'm developing an Alzheimer?”

   “I don't think so, probably it's 'cause you're sleep-deprived. You haven't been sleeping well for days, love.”

   “Maybe” the man mumbles, still looking to the floor, and holding his knees.

   “You still having those strange dreams?”

   “Yes, and it's always the same. There's a man, always the same man, and I'm head over heels in love with him on those dreams, but I don't know who he is...” he closes his eyes “When I close my eyes like this, I can see him perfectly.”

   He opens his eyes, and points to a basket full of paper buns.

   “I've been trying to draw his face, but I can't. I do my best, but what I see on the paper it's nothing like what I see on my mind.”

   “You can't draw him... Can you describe him instead?” she asks.

   The man licks his lips. He closes his eyes again, trying to explain to the girl what he can see.

   “I dunno... He's...” he raises his hand, like trying to measure a height “He's as tall as me, has a thin waist... Uhm... He has broad shoulders, they're really broad, and...” he opens his eyes and touches his own lips, looking at a fixed spot “And he... Has plump lips.”

***********