• Chapter 12 •

It started raining again, it's past midnight in Jin's room. Since the memories are automatically erased during this part of the procedure, there's not much to do. So Jungkook is sitting on Jimin's lap, challenging him with a level impossibly hard (as he says at least) on a game of his phone.

   Jisoo was on her feet all afternoon, delivering the yellow cards to the last patient's relatives and friends. She way a really popular woman, because she delivered the last card at 7 pm. Usually her afternoon schedule ends before 4 pm, so she always has time to go home and catch up hours of sleep before going to do the procedures with Jungkook, but today she couldn't do it. She barely had time to go home, take a bath, play a moment with her dog Dalgom, and then she had to go to work again.

   The young woman gets up from her chair and goes to sit next to Seokjin on his same bed, so she can stretch her legs.

   “Guys, ask me if I'm tired” she says, looking at them.

   Both look up from the phone and at the cadet.

   “Ya tired, noona?” Jimin asks.

   “Yeah! I am so tired” Jisoo pouts a little, then she sighs and smiles to them “Thanks, I needed to take that out of my chest.”

   The men chuckle at that. Jimin looks down to the phone screen again, but Jungkook is still looking at the girl. Her back on the bed headboard, next to her boyfriend's ex-boyfriend.

   “Don't ya feel... Kinda awkward, laying there next to Seokjin?” the brunette man asks.

   Jisoo glances to the man asleep next to her, the flicking helmet still on his head.

   “Yeah, but'm too tired, so I'mma stay here.”

   “And why would she feel awkward?” Jimin asks with curiosity.

   “Noona, can I spill the tea to Jimin-hyung?” the younger asks.

   “Yeah, yeah, go ahead” the girl allows him, too tired to even care.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   It's a rainy summer afternoon, Seokjin is at Tae's house.

   The rainy weather always gives Jin a knee ache, so the red-haired made him lay on the couch, and is sitting next to him, rubbing a cream he has for bone aches. Once again, Jin feels touched by this moment, not only because of the cream, but also because the man should be now in his studio, finishing that song for an AD of a new chocolate brand.

   On the youngest's priority list, his boyfriend was always the number one. Seokjin wishes to stop the process right now... He doesn't want to forget this.

   “Darling” the brown-haired says.

   Taehyung looks up silently, to make his boyfriend know he's listening to him, still rubbing his knees.

   “Do you remember why we had our last fight?”

   He doesn't want to talk about fights, but he's thinking non-stop about what happened on the last memory. Because memories are supposed to be erased from newest to oldest, but still Taehyung remembered things that didn't happen yet at that moment.

   “Our last fight... Uhm...” Tae looks at the floor, rubbing Jin's knees “Oh, it was because you fainted at work and didn't tell me.”

   He did it again. He remembered something that hasn't happened yet. It's... It's impossible.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Jisoo is still lying next to Seokjin. She moves, her feet touching the floor now, showing her back to the man, as she looks her WhatsApp chat with Taehyung.

   She's worried, because doesn't have news from her boyfriend since yesterday. He told her that he was struggling to sleep at night, because of some strange dreams, so she took him home. When she woke up in the morning, the guy was gone.

   She didn't worry then, because was aware about the two events the blue-haired had to attend for the magazine that afternoon. But now, finding out that the man didn't reply to any of the texts she sent him all along the day, she can't help but feel concerned.

   Her thumb is floating over the calling button, but she decides to rather send a voice note.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   “Hi darling... Uhmmm... I'm worried because you didn't reply to my texts. Is everything alright?” Jin recognizes Jisoo's voice in the distance. He stands up quickly and looks around him, trying to hear better.

  A chair in Tae's living room starts fading away slowly. He noticed already, the older the memories become, the slower they disappear.

   “Jinnie come back here” the red-haired scolds “The cream won't work if you don't relax your legs.”

   “It doesn't matter, all this is gonna disappear anyways” the older says, distracted by Jisoo's voice. He's walking around the room to hear better.

   “What do you mean it's gonna disappear?” Tae is confused, following the older with his eyes.

   “Shhh! We're inside my head, Tae. I'm erasing you from my memory” he says unaware of the younger, who has his mouth open in shock for the answer.

   “Please, text me when you listen to this voice note, Voo. I'll be waiting.”

   Voo...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   “Voo? What's that nickname?” Taehyung asks, giggling.

   They're at a fair, on the outskirts of Seoul, eating popcorn and walking among the stands and rides. They have been dating for a month, and now they are on the next page. It happened in the highest part of the ferris wheel, they got off the ride being officially boyfriends.

   “I don't know, it's like a mix between boo-boo and Vante” Jin answers, smiling to the green-haired man “And you're both, you're Vante and my boo-boo. It's the perfect nickname!”

   Taehyung smiles, and takes the older's hand. Nothing is disappearing around them, but Jin is so happy, and so immersed in that memory, that he is unaware of that.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Jisoo gets up from Jin's bed, walking toward Jimin's backpack. Those chips he mentioned before sound pretty good now.

   She glances to the screen, and notices something unusual is happening... The image should be Jin's brain, and the little, green dots being slowly erased. But instead, the screen is showing a frozen image.

   And to make things even worse: The main conscience (a gray, nebulous spot, where the patient is dreaming the memories) has disappeared.

   “Kook, we have a problem here... He's not there” the girl says, staring into the screen.

   “What do you mean he's not there?” the technician leaves his phone and gets up from Jimin's lap.

   “I mean that he's not there, Jungkook. He's not in the map anymore.”

***********