• Chapter 06 •

“I am here to do the procedure.”

   Jimin is so focused, printing the yellow cards for the last patient's family and friends, than he doesn't catch what Jin said. He looks up, frowning.

   “Pardon me, I didn't listen.”

   “I said I'm here to do the procedure. I want to erase Taehyung off my memory as soon as possible” Seokjin repeats.

   Jimin is prepared for this kind of situations. Even though they work in secret, the clinic services are highly requested, so requested than several times the dates have been full for months. He knows he has to talk calmly, and explain to the man that he needs an appointment just like every other patient.

   “I'm sorry, we're full until middle March. I can give you our schedule so you can choose a date and time available for you.”

   That's not an option for Jin. They are having maintenance repairs in KT headquarters, so he and his co-workers have a day off. It's just meant to be, he must erase Taehyung today, because even asking his supervisor for a random day off is not an option either. He would only skip work for a matter of life and death.

   “No, please, I can't wait for so long. I need to erase Tae urgently.”

   “Yes, I understand your position, but I don't think we--”

   “Jimin-ssi...” Namjoon interrupts, coming out of his office and reaching the young man's counter, making him turn around “I think we can make an exception for him. What happened to him was so bad, he wasn't supposed to see that card... I will write a personal apologize for today's patient, and we will have the night free for Seokjin.”

   “As you wish, Namjoon-nim” the guy nods, and resumes his work.

   “Come to my office please, Seokjin-ssi” the doctor says, going through that same black door where he came from a moment ago, leaving it open for Jin.

   The brown haired follows him. He sits in front of the doctor, just like the day before.

   “I knew you were coming back” Namjoon tells, smiling a little “This question is part of our routine protocol. Are you completely sure you want to do this?”

   “Yes” he answers, taking a deep breath “Please, I need to take him off my head as soon as possible. I thought about it all night, I'm sure.”

   “Perfect. Now I will ask Jimin to make a copy of the legal document so we can sign it. I will read it to you before, but it basically says that you are aware of what is going to happen to you, that as an adult, you decided to undergo the procedure by yourself. Also, it indicates that you will voluntarily give us a copy of the key to your house, and a permission to enter the night of the procedure.”

   “Wait, this thing isn't done here?” Jin asks.

   “Oh, of course not” the doctor says “The patient has to be asleep for this. If they wake up here at the clinic, they will be confused, not knowing why they are here, and will get stressed. Don't worry, the document also says that we promise to destroy that copied key as soon as the work is done.”

   “Okay” Seokjin says.

   After he listens what the whole document says, he and the doctor sign it. Those papers are saved on a folder, which has his data printed on the cover. His name, the file number 1.639 and the current date, February 13, 2020. Then, the doctor asks Jin for a list of people to send the yellow cards to, along with their addresses. Among the persons in his list, Jin includes his best friends, even though they are aware of him doing the procedure.