• Chapter 18 •

Jin is comfortably sitting on his couch. A huge plate full of snacks on his lap, and the man he loves resting his orange head on his shoulder. They're watching one of their favorite animes for the third time.

   The man stops paying attention to the screen, and looks around him. That déjà vu feeling makes him realize that they're doing the procedure again.

   “It didn't work, Taehyunggie” the brown-haired says looking around.

   “What didn't work?” the younger is distracted by the show. It's one of his favorite chapters.

   “The plan, Tae. The plan” he says exasperated, trying to capture the younger's attention.

   “Oh! Right” the younger covers his face with one hand, and turns his body to look at him “Sorry. I keep forgetting that this is your mind.”

   The older leans on him, and leaves some quick smooches on his cheek.

   “Sorry, baby. I didn't mean to talk to you like that” he apologizes, and smoochs his cheek one more time.

   Seokjin didn't mean to be rude, he's just a little nervous. Taking Tae to a memory where he doesn't belong didn't work, they still found them and put them in line with the registered memories. It seemed like that was the solution, but it wasn't.

   The TV dissapears, and Seokjin stands up. He takes Taehyung's hand, and drags him on the opposite direction.

   “Hyung, where we going?” the orange-haired asks while being pulled away.

   “Anywhere but here. Everything is dissapearing” the older says, opening the door.

   On the other side, there's a whole different place. It's like a giant room, surrounded by the same darkness. There are big bubbles floating everywhere, and there's a memory with Taehyung in every one of them.

   There's a bubble about their first anniversary, when they went to celebrate at Dongmak beach, where they met. Other bubble with them taking Tannie out for a walk, another one when the younger hugged a sobbing Yoongi, the day they learned about his divorce, and next to that bubble it's a dinner they had with the (still) happy couple. Another one where they're playing videogames, plus several fights they had, every one of them next to a hot making up.

   Seokjin looks carefully to every bubble, still holding Tae's hand, searching a memory with doctor Namjoon. Maybe talking to him again is useless, but he's desperate now, and can't think about anything better.

   “Look!” Tae says, pointing to a bubble where they're on a bus “In that one we're going to visit my grandma and grandpa at Daegu, ya remember? Aw, let's go there Jinnie, pretty please. I haven't see them in a long time, I miss them” Tae tries to pull Jin to that memory, but the older stands still, and keeps looking among the bubbles.

   Jin realizes then, he can't find the memories about the doctor, because those were the first ones erased.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   “He just dissapeared again. The memory was half-erased” Namjoon complains “This guy is a hard-to-catch one.”

   “Did you ever have to struggle with something like this?” Jimin asks, lying against a wall and trying to pretend he's not drunk.

   “You mean having a patient who fights against the procedure?” he turns to look at the blond for a second, and looks back into the screen “Well... Yes.”

   “How it was like?”

   The doctor glances silently at him, and switchs his look into the screen again. Then, the blond opens his eyes wide, and covers his mouth with both hands.

   “Sorry, you're working, trying to fix this, and I'm just talking non-stop. I'm sorry.”

   “Don't say sorry” the doctor smiles kindly, looking at him. Jimin smiles back shyly, not looking away.

   Jungkook clears his throat awkwardly then. Jimin and Namjoon glance at him, and keep doing their stuff.

   “Jungkookie, come here please” Namjoon says.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   “Look, did you see any information notes popping up on that part of the screen?” it's Namjoon's voice, coming from somewhere. Jin looks up.

   Maybe he's on the apartment too?

   Thanks to that, the memory he was looking for reactivates in the distance. Still holding Tae's hand, he runs to that bubble.

   They're now at the clinic, but it looks different, like there's just some parts of the walls. Namjoon and Jungkook are there, but their faces are blurry.

   “Dfksdjwas informed about you finding one of our cards. Indeed, Taehyung came here some weeks ago sdsgwsdksnsmcan answer any questions you may have now.”

   The doctor's voice sounds kinda muffled, and he is... Sweeping leaves? Yes, there's an actual pile of brown leaves in the middle of the room. Suddenly a wind blows, and the leaves are spread all over the place.

   “Okay Seokjin-ssi, now I will show you the objedkfgshsdsfocus on the memories given by each object, and wedgkgfshdmsdfsnfkto the older, weaker ones, so we can delete them in the right order.”

   Jungkook's voice sounds muffled too, as if he's inside a box. He has the black, plastic bag full of objects in front of him. He opens it and looks inside.

   “AAAHHHHH! HYUNG, WOULD YOU MIND HELPING ME FOR A SECOND?” Tae screams behind Seokjin.

   The older turns around scared, and sees his boyfriend with a frightened face. A couple middle-height robots and a bunch of little ones are walking slowly toward the orange-haired man, cornering him.

   His first reaction is to run and kick them down. Taehyung attacks them too, and later the floor is covered with motionless robots.

   “Hyung, we're still inside your fucking head, goddammit!” the younger yells, his breathing heavy for the fight and the shock “Why ya didn't make them dissapear?”

   “Don't yell at me! I panicked, okay? It was the first thing that came to my mind” the older yells back.

   Tae covers his face with both hands, and sighs heavily. Then he walks to Jin and covers the older's waist with his arms, smooching repeatedly on his cheek.

   “Sorry” smooch “I was scared” another smooch “You protected me, and I'm here yelling at you.”

   “I yelled at you too, don't take the whole blame to yourself, Voo” the older wraps his arms around his shoulders and rests his head there.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   The doctor searches a little more, and then he finds the main conscience. He opens the memory on a square.

   Jungkook looks at the green dots on screen. The memory looks familiar to him, so he goes to check the mapping papers.

   “We already erased that memory a while ago” Jungkook looks at Namjoon with a confused face.

   “It looks like this guy wanna play with us” the doctor says, taking that nebulous spot to the original place “Let's play then.”

***********