• Chapter 08 •

The clinic van stops in front of the building where Seokjin lives.

   “It's the third floor, isn't it?” the cadet says. She's been working on the clinic for three months already.

   “I think so. Lemme ask Jimin real quick.”

   Jungkook takes out his phone and opens his WhatsApp chat with the blond. He swipes his finger to start a voice note.

   “Hyung, you didn't leave the clinic yet? Jisoo-noona and I need to verify if today's patient lives in the third floor. Can you please check it out and confirm the info to us? Thanks baby” and the voice note is sent. Jisoo makes an annoyed sound.

   “I used to feel disgusted seeing you guys being so cheesy” she chuckles “But now I have a boyfriend, so I can understand you guys perfectly.”

   “I still can't believe you found someone who bears with you, noona” the brunette jokes “Where did you find him?”

   “I printed signs. 'Please someone be my boyfriend, so Jungkook stops bothering me. Thank you' is what they said” she jokes too.

   “Well, it didn't work, because whether you have or don't have a boyfriend, I still bother you” the younger mocks at her.

   Jimin's answer dings on the brunette's phone.

   Yeah, third floor indeed

   The voice note is short, Jimin is recording another one, and it comes a couple seconds later.

   The address is a couple blocks away from my house, maybe I will go there to help or whatever

   Jisoo knows that 'help or whatever' means he and Jungkook making out during the easy part of the procedure, while she is there, third-wheeling and checking the screen, and trying not to feel so single.

   But now she has a boyfriend, so she will not feel single anymore, she will only miss him so much.

   “Okay Jiminnie. I'll let you know when we have everything settled up. Bye!” and Jungkook leaves WhatsApp.

   They entertain themselves on their phones until 9:30 pm. Waiting that extra half hour after the patient takes the pill it's a protocol rule they must follow, to make sure they will not wake up with all the movements and sounds around them. The lightning bolts shine in the sky, announcing rain in no time.

   At 9:30 pm, Jisoo and Jungkook get out of the van, open the back doors and start packing all the machines and wires they need for the work. It is a huge amount of things, but they always manage to carry it all in one single trip.

  And when they enter the building reception, the rain starts bucketing down outside.

   “We saved our butts” Jisoo chuckles, looking at the heavy rain through the window, and Jungkook nods.

   They walk up the stairs, and reach the apartment Jin himself described them. Jisoo puts all the stuff on the floor, to put the key and open the door. They enter and put all the things inside, and close the door again.

   They find Jin passed out in his room, half his body on his bed, the other half on the floor. He is holding his phone on his right hand, dangerously close to the edge of the bed.

   Jungkook pulls the man back to his bed, and puts the helmet in his head, aligning carefully the blue lights and the dots on his temples. Meanwhile, Jisoo wastes no time, brings the little table from the living room, and puts it next to Jin's bed so they can set the screen and machines there. She starts installing every wire on the right place, six of them connect the erasing machine and the helmet. It's a process that during her first week took him almost forty minutes, and now with the months of training has been reduced to about ten or fifteen minutes.