• Chapter 17 •

“Hyung. Hyung! Quick, c'mere” the brunette says desperately, glancing to Seokjin to see if he's still asleep “This is bad. This is so, SO bad.”

   “Why? What happened?” the receptionist gets up of the floor quickly, and sits at the chair next to Jungkook.

   “He isn't there... He ACTUALLY isn't there” the younger says, pressing buttons while looking at the screen, and shaking his head “This can't be happening. What do I do?”

   Jimin notices the problem as soon as he looks into the screen. He doesn't really participate on the procedures, but as he said before, he knows pretty much about it.

   “Call Namjoon” he suggests, his eyes fixed on the frozen screen.

   “What? Absolutely not, hyung, I'll look like a stupid. He could even fire me” Jungkook frowns, looking for some solution on the mapping papers “No, I have to fix this by myself.”

   “But... But the procedure stopped, this poor guy's brain could be roasted. You HAVE to call Namjoon.”

   The technician realizes right away that Jimin is right, he'll not be able to fix this by himself. He sighs, and stands up to get his phone.

   While he calls Namjoon, the blond walks quickly to the bathroom, stumping against everything on his way. He looks his face in the mirror, and his appearance makes him flinch. He washes his face to get rid of the drunken look he has, and goes to the kitchen, again stumping into everything.

   When Jungkook ends his call with the doctor, he goes to the kitchen, and finds Jimin making himself a beyond dark cup of coffee to fight his drunkenness.

   “Namjoon-nim is on his way here... I think he was awake already, I could heard him talking with Marie just after he picked up the call.”

   “Oh... Marie, yeah” the blond absently mumbles, and drinks the coffee in a couple seconds. He leaves the empty cup in the counter.

   And just two minutes later, he's kneeled in front of the toilet, puking all of the liquid in his stomach.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Jin and Tae are still at that pretty park, sitting on that same bench. Suddenly, Yeontan jumps to his owner's lap.

   “Tannie! How did you get here?” he asks, rubbing the dog's head.

   “We're inside my head, Tae. I can do whatever I want” the older smiles, and turns to his boyfriend “Check this out.”

   He stares at him, he blinks once, and suddenly the younger looks at his own clothes, confused. His paint smock was replaced for a pair of tight, black pants and a button shirt with a modern, black and white design, plus a black and white bandana around his dark hair.

   “I always liked this outfit, it was my favorite” he looks at him head to toe, raises his hand and touches the dark strands of hair over his forehead “And I always wanted to see you with your hair dyed this color... You look so handsome, Voo.”

   “You don't like my hair orange?” the younger pouts, caressing the dog next to him.

   “Yes, I do, I just wanted to try something new.”

   Taehyung sits closer to his boyfriend and kisses his cheek.

   “Please, give me back my orangey-orange” he asks.

   And as always, the younger gets everything he wants, just because he's adorable.

   “Okay” he stares at him, he blinks, and the younger's hair is orange again.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   There are knocks on the front door of Seokjin's apartment.

   “It's him!” Jimin says from the bathroom, after spitting the mouthwash down the sink. He walks to the bedroom and goes to Jungkook “Oh no, I'm still pretty drunk. Do I look like drunk?”

   “I dunno” the younger is too busy putting the empty bottles inside Jimin's backpack to even care about that. After he hides the evidence of their mischief, he runs to open the door.

   Namjoon enters the apartment quickly.

   “Where is he?” he asks in a calm voice. He quickly noticed how disturbed his neural technician is, and he wants to soothe him.

   But Jungkook is far from any calm state. He walks fast to Seokjin's bedroom. The doctor walks behind him, and as soon as he enters the room he sees Jimin.

   “Oh... Hi, Jimin-ah” he greets him.

   “Namjoon-nim” the blond bows respectfully, trying to not lose his balance “Jungkook told me he was gonna work alone tonight, because Jisoo-noona had to leave early, so I came to keep him company. My house is near this building.”

   The older of all nods, but he low-key knows what where those two doing. Nonetheless, he doesn't say it, and just sits at the chair in front of the screen, quickly noticing that problem the black-haired mentioned on the call.

   “Did he have any sleep disturbance since the process stopped?” he asks, taking a little microchip out of a box inside his pocket “Trembling, or any other kind of move? Did he talk in his sleep?”

   “No, nothing at all” the younger man answers.

   The doctor then puts the microchip in the erasing machine. It has a program to have access to Seokjin's whole brain. It's something he uses only for emergencies, because he thinks that's kinda invading their patient's privacy. And this one is indeed an emergency.

   Jin's brain appears on screen, like an X-ray map. He zooms in, and start searching.

   In less than a minute he notices a movement. He opens it in a little square, and the gray nebulous spot is there, blinking on a non-registered memory.

   “This memory wasn't mapped, and it's pretty old too” Namjoon murmurs “How could he get there?”

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   “I have an idea. Follow me” Jin takes Taehyung's hand, and drags him to a door that he made appear in the middle of the park.

   There's a big frontyard covered in snow on the other side. They're bundled up in warm coats.

   “We're at my aunt's yard, on Gwacheon” they look at the snowflakes falling around them “I was like fourteen here.”

   Taehyung lets go of the older's hand, and takes a couple steps, his arms extended to receive the little falling snowflakes.

   “Could you bring Tannie here?” the orange-haired turns around “He loves snow.”

   “Sure!” the older looks at a spot, and Yeontan appears, wearing a nice little dog-coat, to keep him warm.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Namjoon was just about to relocate the main conscience, but it just disappeared again. And again, he starts searching thoroughly.

   “I like how calm you are, Namjoon-nim. You are a professional” Jimin says smiling, looking at the man working. Namjoon smiles nicely, and keeps searching.

   He finds it again, this time in an even older memory.

   “Is he making fun of us?” Jungkook asks, looking into the screen.

   “It seems like he is, but it won't be for long.”

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   While Tannie runs, trying to bite the falling snowflakes, Jin and Tae fall backwards together. They try to do snow angels, but not letting go of the other's hand.

   Suddenly, a ton of snow falls on Seokjin, making him dissapear.

***********